Skip to content
Bought a new guitar...

Notifications
Clear all

Bought a new guitar, wrong inspection tag?

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@aircooled)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here's where I'm going to lose you. I don't plan on ever selling this guitar, I don't plan on keeping it stock, hell it'll probably get beat up at some point (hopefully not). I like to keep all of the documentation for myself though, doesn't bother me if it helps the resale in 50 years or not, all those little things that mean nothing and everybody throws them out, I keep organized. I don't know how else to explain it other than, it's what I do.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I doubt anyone thought you would keep the guitar precious under glass on a shelf.
who does. it's nice to have the records. a fifty year old strat with tags and battle scars
is still cool and valuable.
in reality guitars outlive us all.
we are just passings in a guitar's life.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@aircooled)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Really well said...

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Air, that's cool I understand I just didn't understand I guess it was Blue Jay's post to watch the value go up and up and up. I just couldn't see why it would.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

This is why we say it takes all kinds to make a world.

You gotta do what makes you happy. If serial numbers and documentation matter to you, better get it right.

But if you ask me what I would do...I wouldn't do anything. Wouldn't even have posted the question. Because there's no way I ever in a million years would have noticed that it didn't all match.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2