Clear all

Break through!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ratfish256)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have been playing for about 8 months and recently have gotten into recording some of my songs. Mostly so my mom could hear how I was progressing, but also so I could keep track of improvments. Well today I couldn't seem to hit the high notes with my voice so I tried droping my tuning down by half a step. Wow what an improvment that does to my voice. I can hit every note now without even trying. I didnt think something so simple could help so much.

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yeah.. I tend to do that too! Hendrix started the trend, then SRV, Kurt Cobain, and alot of others did it too. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

It also makes bending easier, which is definitly an added plus.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Losing weight also help with bending.

Oh, did you mean string bending? Sorry.... :lol:

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Losing weight also help with bending.

Ah! So THAT'S my problem... I was wondering why I was having such a hard time with these 12's...

Seriously though, congrats on getting everything in your range. That's one thing I always thought was cool about Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the down tuning gives all his riffs and solos a little bit of extra "growl", in addition to making some of the songs more singable in the baritone/tenor range.

I don't normally think my independent intonation is good enough to tell when a guitar is off a half step without some sort of reference, but you can definitely tell there's something going on there, and I LIKE it! :D

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote