Notifications
Clear all

Breakfast at Tiffanie's

24 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@jubby)
Trusted Member

this is funny, because I decided to learn this song last week. ultimate-guitar has a good version of it. it's explained better there than what i could do.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Check out the Matchbox 20 version, it's a rather good cover methinks. Nice guitar arrangement too. If I remember right, the Matchbox20 thing was just an error some folks made on the file sharing services.

Even if Matchbox20 DID do a cover (which I don't think they did), the only version that was ever heard on the radio was indeed done by a band called "Deep Blue Something". Cool song too!

A stripped down version of it was one of my first songs, actually. I'm sure you could add lots of extensions and fills, but basically it's just this:

Verse:

D D G A

Chours:

D D A G

Really fun one around the campfire!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Yup.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

No problem, Rodders - I realised I was never going to be a shredder not long after joining GN, so I decided to concentrate on chords...I'm one of nature's rhythm guitarists, also the bass was coming along nicely a few weeks ago....

BTW, as a Beatles fan, you may want to brush up on that Cmaj7 chord - it's used in Band on the Run, For No One, Another Day, and Something, to name a few off the top of my head....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

No problem, Rodders - I realised I was never going to be a shredder not long after joining GN, so I decided to concentrate on chords...I'm one of nature's rhythm guitarists, also the bass was coming along nicely a few weeks ago....

BTW, as a Beatles fan, you may want to brush up on that Cmaj7 chord - it's used in Band on the Run, For No One, Another Day, and Something, to name a few off the top of my head....

Vic

Vic any chance you'd tab Band on the Run it's one of my favorites. :D

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Tabbing BOTR is a possibility, but not one-handed.....bout a week or so, when I can use two hands again (fingers crossed!) (well on my right hand anyway....)

It's not difficult at all....but I also need to be able to play the guitar!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Tabbing BOTR is a possibility, but not one-handed.....bout a week or so, when I can use two hands again (fingers crossed!) (well on my right hand anyway....)

It's not difficult at all....but I also need to be able to play the guitar!!!

Vic

Sorry about that Vic wasn't aware you were one handed what happened?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Broke my arm - old news now though, plaster comes off this week....been exercising it as much as possible, even been rubbing fingers on desk to maintain callouses....

Hopefully I'll be back up to speed in a week or so....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Yes Vic I use the Cmaj7 a lot Only I tend to barre it on the 3rd

So you get X35453

Its also a chord "Big Country" used a lot, only they always seemed to play it sharp.
Thats another band I love to listen to a lot.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2