Buddy Guy Fender St...

Notifications
Clear all

Buddy Guy Fender Strat...Good Deal?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just saw this on Musician's Friend...A Buddy Guy Fender Strat for $399 (I like the white with black polka dots).

I wonder if it's a MIM or MIJ? I know it's not a MIA at that price! Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

It's Mexican judging from the reviews on Harmony Central. The reviews are a hard to sort out because there's an American version as well. At least it looks different from you're regular strat, but the pick-ups are the same as the standard ones. So if you want the 'proper' pickups it'll cost another $200 or so for the lace sensors. You're paying for the paint job and I think medium-jumbo frets and V shaped neck. But what $30 difference, I can see it being worth that to some.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

It's a Mexican. I am sure that there is nothing wrong with it, though. the MIM Fenders that I have played are well built and sound fine.

I have no idea if that is a good price for that guitar or not, but MF seems to have good deals in general, so I'd say it is probably fair. Their return policy is awesome.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Did you end up buying that Agile you were eyeing as well? My Christmas guitar buy was the coco satin finish Highway One Fender Strat. So many pretty guitars out there.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

My Christmas guitar buy was the coco satin finish Highway One Fender Strat. So many pretty guitars out there.

I must admit, I've liked the sound of the Highway 1s I've played :D . One of these days I'm going to go looking for a proper strat. But I want to have enough money to try everything from an American reissue on down. The ones I'd really like to try are the 80s Japanese models, they aren't really that expensive.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote