Burns guitars

22 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

or is that a soundhole?
Oh,yeah. Good thought.

It didn't look thick enough, in the picture, for me to even consider that it might be a hollowbody.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

gnease, I approve of your taste in guitars. Both of those are unique looking instruments.

What's the story about that circular bit between the pickups on that Burns?
Is it decorative, or is it one of those guitars with a built-in amp and speaker?

Thanks -- I like unusual guitars, especially if low cost and good sounding/playing.

It's a faux sound hole. The guitar is a semi hollow -- as is the bugeyed metal, plastic and formica Slingshot on the right.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@catcha)
Trusted Member

I have an Asian-built Burns Steer. It's an unusual guitar -- don't know anyone else who has one. Got it for not much $$ because the music store couldn't move it. It plays well, sounds good and is unique. Some say it's ugly, but it's gotten many compliments.

It's the one on the left:

OOh nice Burns Steer , I have one of the originals too , dont see very many these days bought mine in the 80s after hearing UKs fav folkster Billy Bragg play one pretty sure he used one for playing his (only??) number one hit Between the Wars , check it out great British song / songwriter.
Since then my tastes have changed though and cant say I like the neck anymore.

Piccy of Billy With His....

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@gary58)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Just found out that Burns make 4 guitars in the UK, they are all to special order and cost 2,500 pounds each! Thats twice the price of a Gibson Les Paul Standard, or 4 times the price of a Gibson Les Paul Studio!

I'll pass!

Gary

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Just found out that Burns make 4 guitars in the UK, they are all to special order and cost 2,500 pounds each! Thats twice the price of a Gibson Les Paul Standard, or 4 times the price of a Gibson Les Paul Studio!

I'll pass!

Gary
what do you mean 'you'll pass'
There were much cheaper ones at the link I gave you?
Or try second hand, there are a few in this months Guitar mag incl a Brian May version

ReplyQuote
(@gary58)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I meant was, I won't buy one at £2,500!

I am thinking of getting a Shadows Special, £829, if I can find a dealer with a new one, or if not the Marque is virtually the same except for the vibrato at £349-£299.

Gary

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I meant was, I won't buy one at £2,500!

I am thinking of getting a Shadows Special, £829, if I can find a dealer with a new one, or if not the Marque is virtually the same except for the vibrato at £349-£299.

Gary
Peter Cooks has 2 different Marvin specials at £660 ish

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2