Notifications
Clear all

Buying a New Guitar

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nate-olson)
Topic starter  

I have decided to buy a new electric guitar. I currently have a Squier Bullet Strat. I like to play indie/alternative and rock. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it worth getting a new one? I know this is a question of opinion, but I want to know if my Squier Bullet is a decent enough guitar, or if getting one with higher quality one with more features would benefit me.

2. Has anyone seen any good guides on choosing a guitar? I want to get a Fender strat by the way.

3. Is there a specific line of Fender guitars (i.e. American Deluxe or Artist) that would be very cost-efficient, but also have good features?

4. I was looking at the Deluxe Players Strat, but is it worth the upgrade? What is even the difference (other than the advanced switching) between the one I have now and any other guitar?

(@nate-olson)
Topic starter  

Update:

I chose a wide range of guitars, and I was wondering if someone would be able to compare the pros and cons of the guitars in this list: (It would be GREATLY appreciated)

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/products/gibson-sg-classic-cherry-2008-w-mods-s357

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/deluxe-lone-star-stratocaster/0145030300.html#q=lone+star&start=1

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/standard-stratocaster/0144600580.html

ReplyQuote
(@hawt400a)

I play a Carvin DC400A. Carvin manufactures in the United States and ships directly to the customer. because of this, you can get a high-end guitar for a very reasonable price. Check them out at carvinguitars.com. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@dhguitarplayer)
Trusted Member

The made in Mexico standard strats are oftentimes just as nice as their USA counterparts. But if you want a genuine USA, I'd recommend looking on eBay and finding one from around 2000 (giver or take a year or two). They were making them just as good then as they are now, and you can often find them for around $750, which isn't much more than the new standard strats, which are running around $600 if I remember correctly. I used to love playing strats and have owned quite a few USAs and MIMs. My favorite were the MIMs with Floyd Rose bridges.

ReplyQuote
(@nethanpaul)
Eminent Member

If you are planning on buying a new guitar or replacing the guitar parts, then you should do a thorough research about it. There are various manufacturers and brands which claim to offer to genuine products and you should check those properly. FaberUSA gives you a complete guide about the guitars and its various parts and also you can buy from their online store.

ReplyQuote
(@timtheshredder)

I am extremely partial to Ibanez guitars. I just really like they way they feel in my hands. I particularly like the Jem. That being said, it's not the most affordable guitar. I have to say that Carvin/Kiesel guitars are probably the bang for the buck. They are really well made and extremely reasonable for the price.

My Gear:
LP Custom Sunburst
SG Reissue
1960 Clapton LP Reissue
Fender Strat '57 Reissue
And many more...

"Learning to play guitar is easy. Learning to Rock 'n Roll is another thing."

-Jack Black

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

Check out the G&L. They are the best "Fender" clones around. Especially since the company was founded by Leo Fender. Some argue that they are even better than Fenders. http://glguitars.com/

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@robert_s)
Eminent Member

I would first look at a reseller and/or craigslist.

I got a 2017 Gibson Faded T in mint condition from a reseller. Normally a $800 guitar for $550.

Look used first. You can find some great deals. I know it's difficult to think your baby was touched by someone else, but think of it as broke in already.

If you're not finding what you need, then look new.

Gibson Faded T
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE
Yamaha THR10C
Katana 50.
Line 6 HD500X
SOON: PRS SE Custom 24 in Laurel Burl finish

ReplyQuote
(@martmiguel)
Eminent Member

Have you tried brands like Hagstrom or Charvel? the make amazing guitars and not so expensive.

Director of:
Cursos de guitarra eléctrica y acústica
ClasesdeguitarraYoutube

ReplyQuote