44 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here she is guys and gals:

9 minutes down, 4 hours 51 minutes to go.

I'd send it back, it looks nothing like the picture!! :shock: :P :lol:

Congrats on the new axe. 8)

Now, why didn't they send me a coupon? Dirty low down rotten stinkin'filthy money grabbers! :evil:

Dan
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, NEZTOK!!!!

Can't wait to see it thawed.

And yes, Noteboat that is a way cool picture! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

So, let's see it man!

Congrats on the new axe. 8)

Now, why didn't they send me a coupon? Dirty low down rotten stinkin'filthy money grabbers! :evil:

Dan

I spent a half hour yesterday looking through my mail trying to find a coupon and I couldn't. Then I tried searching online and, though I couldn't find one for MF, I did find a good deal at Music123. http://www.music123.com/
They're having an "Instant Rebate" sale. I was going to buy a bass amp at Guitar Center for $299 but I got it from Music123 for $234.99! I saved $65 which is more than 20%.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That bright sound is what you get from a Strat. It's that "shimmery single coil sound." Turn down the tone knob a little and it'll take the edge off it.

Rub the finish down with some polishing compound and it'll get brighter. It's car paint.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Anybody else get the 20% off coupon from Musician's Friend? They sent it out to people who "went on strike." You could save up to 1000 dollars with that thing.

Yep, I got the coupon as well. I offered it to a buddy who wants a Zoom personal studio, and he's not sure yet. If he doesn't take it I might have to splurge on something. (anything!). Yeah, they sent it to the right guy...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Congrats man :D

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

after your guitar arrives from ice cold shipment. do not open it for at least five hours. let the package acclimate to your room temperature.
if you open it up right at delivery chances are great that condensation will form inside and out. the moisture will hurt the electronics and the temp swing can craze the finish.

I subscribe to the 24-hour rule. Lately it has been near zero degrees out and about 70 degrees indoors.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I never thought about that but I suppose it makes good sense. A rule I like to live by is to never leave your guitar somewhere you wouldn't stay yourself. Unfortunately on delivery this can't be helped. I would think this would go double for an amp. Condensation could be dissasterous in there. When I transport stuff, I try to keep it in a vehicle that has been warmed up for just these reasons. A case or gigbag for my guitar is a must.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

My new lap steel was pretty chilly when the mailman brought it yesterday. It was 7°F yesterday morning, but it had warmed up quite a bit by mail delivery time. It was mailed from Washington State, so it's been through some frosty weather the last week. Nevertheless, I took it out of the box while it was still pretty cool. I figure a big 1 7/8" thick slab of solid poplar with yellow automotive paint on it isn't going to be too sensitive to thermal shock. (I got my big Johnson out when it was really frigid, too.) When it had more or less equilibrated to room temperature, I found the lap steel nearly in tune in Vastapol tuning pitched to about Eb. Dunno if it had started out that way, had been in Open E and the strings had stretched a bit with thermal contraction in the cold, or if it had been in E and the seller had detuned it a half step prior to shipping. I suspect the latter. I tuned it on down another half step to Open D, anyway. May go back up to E, though.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

richochet, if you want it to go back up to E you need that over the counter pill. :roll: :P

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

(I got my big Johnson out when it was really frigid, too.) quote]

Was it painful? :oops:

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I didn't want to hold it against my body very long.

And I'm not sure I could have gotten it over the counter.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You definitely shouldn't put up with a shifty neck.

BTW, I cranked The Yellow Peril on up to Open E.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

(I got my big Johnson out when it was really frigid, too.)
Was it painful? :oops:
Jim
I thought this forum was censored. 8)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

We're talking about a guitar.

What were you thinking?

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

That sucks man :(

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3