Skip to content
cheap, but playable...

Notifications
Clear all

cheap, but playable, acoustic guitar to keep at work-ideas?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@sre123_2002)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i'm looking for a guitar to keep in my office at work. i don't want to spend lots on it because something could happen to it. i do want something that is playable though. i just want to have something to pick up and play when i have a few free minutes.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should buy or where i should get it online? i was thinking $100 or less, if such a guitar exists.

(@Anonymous)

Check some of the SX's HERE but check the reviews on Harmony Central first. If there aren't any reviews search Google...

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

I wish I could have a guitar at work...

Go look into some of the cheaper Yamaha nylons, Never owned one but have thought about picking one up many times while playing around on a trip for strings :) Will probably run a little higher than $100 though, not by much, depending if ur talking canadian or american money.

You might be able to find something in the classifieds of your local newspaper or the buletin board at your GC. You could even go look for some garage sales but I've never found anything decent at those.

Good Luck!

[EDIT]

wait... people in North Carolina dont have Canadian money... whoops

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member

Kona

Best cheap guitar i ever bought........awesome sound good feel cheap price

KONA

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Hit a pawn shop and buy a klunker and fix it up!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

There are plenty of inexpensive guitars out there to choose from.

And since you're just looking for something that is playable I suggest going to your local store and playing some of the cheaper models. This way you'll know what you are getting. You might get lucky and find a shop that has a return, a blem or a ding that they might be willing to let you take for way below original sticker. And if you're not in a hurry, tell them, that you are looking for such a model and leave your number.

Good luck, if I had a guitar at my job I doubt there'd be much work getting done. Would be nice to have something to take outside during lunch (not that I ever get away from my desk for lunch). But it would probably only attract boatloads of chicks. Who needs THAT ?? :twisted:

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote