Clear all

Clarity

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@greatbeanie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Could somebody give me excersises to improve my cleanliness while playing?

Bach Rachs!
Music is like your woman... sometimes its a b*tch, but you would'nt trade it for the world.

(@ratfish256)
Eminent Member

Bath on a regular basis?

All joking aside, try recording yourself and listening to it to know exactally where you are making the mistakes.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

What do you mean by cleanliness? If you feel your playing gets sloppy or "unclean" when you are playing with distortion then I think you should develop a good muting technique, that was something i learned after a couple years of playing. As well, don't take things to quickly, sometimes we can speed through riffs without actually concentrating on how it should sound.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@progg)

I'm a really lazy guy but when some of my riffs are really disturbing me because I don't play it perfectly without noise that shouldn't be there I really sit down and play it slow so it doesn't sound crap anymore. I'm focusing on what exactly is wrong with my playing and try hard as hell to get rid of the excess noise (apart from the actual riff).
This often doesn't take too much time. At least not the part where you start to understand what you are doing wrong. Might take days or weeks to get it down (depending how often I play ) but I sure have tought myself that I suck less from this day on with that perticular riff/or whatever. Trust me. It will be worth that extra 30mins of serious focusing one single day. Then you just improve it after that..

ReplyQuote