Clear all

Color Opinions Wanted

31 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@phinnin)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Okay, since I am an old man in guitar years (38) and I will never be a rock-star (just started a year and half ago) I have decided that since I can't have any groupies, I might as well get some really nice gear.

So of course I will drop more then I should on a Gibson. The question is color. I have my choices down to Rootbeer and Transparent Black.

Which do you favor....?

Waddya think?

P.S. I know I am insane for buying this guitar model. But I just made a huge commission at work and you know what? I'm worth it! :)

*edit* front shot of Root Beer Instead...

(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

What color is your hair?

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Not that it matters I guess, I like the black one better. That thing is a beaut.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Personally I'd take the root beer hands down. I really don't like the look of the Transparent Black. Which one do you prefer? That's really what it comes down to, but I really like the rootbeer! Pretty beautiful in my opinion.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@poorpetebest)
Trusted Member

If I was buying it, I would go with Rootbeer. Your the one dropping the dough however, so I'd have to say it's up to you.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

phinnin,

they are both beautiful guitars, play both of them, the one you want is the one that calls your name, and it will 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

What a terrible thing to have to decide....
those are both just flat out beauuuutiful guitars. i actually can't pick one either.
flip a coin :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@phinnin)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I don't have a preference, hence the question. I was originally thinking Root Beer but that Transparent black took me for a loop. Its like a coinflip situation.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Both are beautiful but if I were that lucky to have to decide I would choose Root Beer.

Awsome looking guitars either way

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I don't think your crazy! Lucky but not crazy. Go play both of them one will "play" better than the other. By play I mean feel/sound/fret ect... the choice will be clear.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Rootbeer. Definitely. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i'd go black.

and i'd put a pickguard on it, cos i dont think it looks "right" until the pickguard is on it. I'm weird

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I vote Rootbeer, that is a beautiful guitar.

You are not too old. I read an old article on Godsmack a couple of days ago. The singer was 35 years old when they came out a few years back. He has to be 41-43 years old right now. He's doing pretty good for a geezer.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Rootbeeeeeeeer Gooooood :D to quote James Hatfield :lol: Very cool color 8) 8) --the dog

BTW I think Beck was in his late 30's when he became a "rockstar"

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Between the two, rootbeer. I don't like black guitars.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3