Skip to content
Converting VHS to d...

Notifications
Clear all

Converting VHS to digital feed for computer?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, me and my friends love taping things with a camcorder. Is it possible to convert this VHS to digital so we can have them on the computer? I'd love being able to send them to people, edit them, and just have easy access to each one. What do you need to do this? I really don't have much extra money to spend, so nothing fancy. Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

you'll need either a pci or usb interface that has av inputs. Pinnacle makes several but a word of warning, their customer support is almost non-existing. They have customer support but don't often respond. All this from an award winning company. I think Haupage also makes interfaces. I hope you have a decent size hard drive. Video files are huge.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

And you can also try RealProducer but you have to something like Hauppage interface too. If you've got the WinTV thing (Hauppage), it will record to Media Player but the files are massive for that. The Realproducer files are smaller and of lower quality.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

would this be what i need?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3761&item=5119142451&rd=1
If it is, is this all I would need?

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote