Clear all

Cool experience

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Today, a colleague at work brought one of his guitars in for a lunchtime jam, as we do sometimes. Its an (early sixties I think) Gibson Melody maker double cut with a HB bridge and a SD rail HB at the neck, with a splitting switch. Its a lovely and quite unusual thing and to make it even nicer he told an interesting story about it.

At one time his then boss claimed to know the drummer Cozy Powell, which my friend took with a large pinch of salt. One day he got a phone call from someone who said they had a mutual friend eventually my friend asked who it was and he stated 'Cozy Powell' - friend doesn't believe it, but eventually they establish it is indeed Cozy Powell, who says to come and meet him, Pete wants to have a look at your guitar. They meet at the arranged house, my mate walks in with the guitar to be met by Peter Green :shock: , who proceeds to play it for a good while and offers to buy it. My friend says, no, but I am prepared to let you borrow it, gig it, tour it round the world as long as it comes back to me with your signature. Sadly Peter Green declined this, they played some more and then my mate left. He did say that PG didnt quite seem in touch with the world around him at the time.

So there you have it - today I played a guitar once played by Mr Peter Green - and it was very nice! 8) 8) 8)

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R