CRAZY COOL EFFECTS PEDAL HOPEFULLY

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

is the digitech RP80 any good?

YEAH! GUITAR ROCK! I ROCK! YOU ROCK! HAHA, YEAH RIGHT. LOL. ROCK ON!

(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member

the GNX3 is better
http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx3.htm
8track recorder - drums - effects city

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah, but thats crazy high for my price range ($100-under)

ReplyQuote
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member

I C

Did not know what ya price limit was,

the RP80 is a good enough unit for the price and I think quite a bargain with the expression pedal too.

I still think from my past experiences of buying that I have always kept buying all these different gadgets that I could afford at any specific time knowing there are some amazing units well above my price range but just buying and buying each year on my yearly budget then reallizing how much I have spent over the years that if I had spent that amount of money in the first place for the best unit I could possibly afford I would have saved a fortune at the end of it all.
Thats just my experience though.

Divide the $ over how many years of enjoyment you are gonna get out of playing the guitar through the unit and it aint as bad $300 over 10 years and it's only cost ya $30 a year to play through it- just a funny way of looking at it,
:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hmmmmmmm thats a good idea. is there any real difference between that and the 4

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

When i first started i had an RP50..it was pretty cool...50 diffrent effects..nothing "crazy cool" about it but..it gave me the variety of sounds and things to keep me enthused at the time!

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Check out the Behinger X-V-amp, it is really amazing for it's money.

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

I recently tried out a boss ME-50. (these are about $200 I think?) I know thats a bit out of your price range, however, I agree with "Gary J Foreman"; It is sometimes really worth saving up a bit to get something that will last you for 20 years, rather than something that you'll grow out of in say 3 years.

I was very impressed with the ME 50. It basically combined all of the boss compact pedals into one unit. The really impressive part is that it it had none of the digital displays etc, which are horrible to use, it has actual controls, like the compact pedals. So it not only has every effect you'll ever need, but you canalter the parameters of each effect, which is not something you can often do on the digital pedals that have all these presets etc.

Just might be worth a look. Also, I think they might make a slightly cheaper version (the ME 30) though I may have just imagined that one.

Take a look at;

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=123

Having said all of that, I've played a RP50, and that seemed like a perfectly gfood pedal for the money, just a bit flimsy, and some of the effects particularly distortions sounded a bit fake.

Hope that helps

Peter[/url]

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The ME30 is an older version of the ME50, and, IMHO, sounds much worse. You can get a used GT3 for $200, which, again IMHO, is somewhat better then the ME50. The main drawback of the ME50 is that you cannot properly link the amp as you can do with the GT series. You pretty much get all your sounds of the ME50, and the amp is just there to amplify it.

But all in all, a great unit.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Digitech also has a few multi-effect pedals worthy of a look. I don't recal all the model numbers but heres a couple, some maybe older and some new, RP6, RP7, Rp20. I seem to recall them having one or two with a 12ax7 tube in them.

Just another thought.

Joe

ReplyQuote