Clear all

Custom Cab

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was talking with a few friends of mine and we came up with a great idea. We all own Vox AD30vts and love them, but we thought it would be cool to make a few custom cabs for them with 12inch baffles for larger speakers. A nice natural wood finish and a slant set for the speaker. We have minimal wood working skills so I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone who did custom cab work or a site with some building techniques. It cant be that hard.. :)

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a couple sites to get you started. building them can be a great experience and also takes some work.
It's really not that hard, finishing them is the trick.

Voxcab

Speaker_Cab

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

My favorite site for building stuff... by far. Takes a very "working man's" approach, which I appreciate.

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/construction.html

The main site here has links to all sorts of stuff, on the construction page (actually where the link goes), if you scroll about 3/4 of the way down you'll see "Speaker Cabinets/Cases/Wood Items", that's your money shot there.

I'm using this as the main resource for info on building my 2x12 extension cab.

And here's one for the lazy:

http://www.avatarspeakers.com

They'll build you a speaker cabinet and leave it empty if you want. If you value your own time at more than about .50c an hour, this is the place to go. Their cabinets sound amazing and are pretty much indestructable, additionally, they can load it with any sort of speaker you want, and their speaker prices are the best you'll find on the web: Celestion Vintage 30's for $79 for example, usually they go for 100-110.

Have fun!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote