Clear all

Damm I've out smarted myself.....

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

When I had to have a V-Amp2 I justified it to the "leader of the opposition" by saying it can make my guitar sound like any other guitar and it has heaps of cool effects with it...

Now I want a Telecaster (because it sounds different to my Strat lol) I've gotten "but what about the V-amp that makes your guitar sound like any other guitar?"

Damm.... No answer to that.....

Cheers
Keith

But shes really great and very tolerant with my "hobbie"

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Flowers.

And new kitchen appliances go pretty far, if yours is into that.

Best of luck!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

"The V-Amp can make it sound like it's going through any amp/pedal etc, but only a different guitar can sound like a different guitar" :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Dude sorry, you're on your own.

I suggest a summer cruise.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

When I had to have a V-Amp2 I justified it to the "leader of the opposition" by saying it can make my guitar sound like any other guitar and it has heaps of cool effects with it...

Now I want a Telecaster (because it sounds different to my Strat lol) I've gotten "but what about the V-amp that makes your guitar sound like any other guitar?"

Cheers
Keith

Answer (with sheepish grin): "Oh...did I say 'any other guitar'? I'm sorry, I meant 'any amp ever made that I could possibly plug my guitar into. And amps are expensive; $1000 each, just about, so with this here little thingie, I've gotten $32,000 worth of amps at my finger tips; SAVED about $31,800! On the other hand, the guitar is just the one guitar...'"

Hehee...it'll never work....

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Cheers
Keith

Answer (with sheepish grin): "Oh...did I say 'any other guitar'? I'm sorry, I meant 'any amp ever made that I could possibly plug my guitar into. And amps are expensive; $1000 each, just about, so with this here little thingie, I've gotten $32,000 worth of amps at my finger tips; SAVED about $31,800! On the other hand, the guitar is just the one guitar...'"

Hehee...it'll never work....

She'd probably tell you to get a new hobby.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Sound is important no doubt, but no amp can make one guitar look and, more importantly, FEEL like another guitar.

And no amp can give you the feeling of awe and insipration that a new axe can.

Plus, amp's dont tend to appreciate in vlaue, unlike the guitar you want to buy (ok, thats a little untrue, but does she know that?)

Good luck with it!

Pete

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I'm with kingpatzer on this one....think Caribean. Or maybe one of those Alaskan summer cruises, I've heard they have some beautiful sites!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

I think kingpatzer and banre have cracked it.

Send her on a cruise and get the tele while she's gone. She won't dare say a word when she gets back. :wink: :lol:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I think kingpatzer and banre have cracked it.

Send her on a cruise and get the tele while she's gone. She won't dare say a word when she gets back. :wink: :lol:
Doesn't he get to go on the cruise with her? Otherwise, speaking as a woman, she might get a little suspicious!!! :wink:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Good point.

I know! Send the Tele on the cruise, and when it comes back in a couple of weeks or a month, everything will be forgotten! :)

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Screw the Cruise...

Buy her another "Best Friend" she can wear around her neck, so the next time she wants to "Balk" at an idea, just remind her how beautiful that necklace is........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Dagwood would never work with my wife.

She's honestly jeallous of the time I spend with my guitars. "Things" don't do it for her, she wants the time with me.

That's why I say cruise. A nice solid 10 days of doing nothing but paying attention to her and she'll give you a pass on a small guitar purchase.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

unless the 10 day cruise leaves you broke...

That puts a hamper on things now doesn't it!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

You could buy "His & Hers" Tele's.

Give here the "Hers" Tele for her birthday, along with a voucher for some lessons.

That way you can jam together, learn together, play together - but most importantly, you get a new Tele :)

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2