Clear all

Dangerously close...

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh yes, dangerously close to buying this...

http://www.rondomusic.net/sstltd2.html

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I've heard mixed opinions about the SX guitars, but hell, their throwing in the case. You can always sell the case to get the money for pickups.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Very nice!

This is the one that scares me:

http://www.rondomusic.net/valkyriedoublewhtwc.html

It's a righty picture, but it's LEFTY!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a question about Rondo because people refer me there a lot and I could see myself buying something off there, just because it's cheap. Sorry for stealing the thread.

Is it worth the money if you are outside of the US? Between exchange, international shipping and possibly duties. I paid $300 for my Jay Turser and was wondering if something from there would end up costing me the same.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I am a Rondo fan and have an Agile AL2000 that is AWESOME! However I have also heard mixed reviews on the SX guitars. You can check the Agile Guitar Forum for some reviews or ask questions. Also check the reviews on Harmony Central.

OWA

I would email Kurt about what it would cost to ship outside the US. He is very quick to answer emails (usually the same day) and it might not be as much as you think.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That is a very pretty guitar. Great price, & a free case, how can you go wrong? You can always replace the pick ups if needed, and have yourself a decent guitar.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Very pretty. But two obvious things concern me on a guitar for that price:

1. A three-bolt neck -- it's got to be done right to work well. Even Fender had trouble with this. Leo didn't seem to get it right until his G&L line. I'd look for a four-bolt design.
2. "Gold" hardware. It's probably lacquer, and will wear badly. Stick to nickle and/or chrome

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@total-13)
Trusted Member

some of those guitars look pretty nice for such cheap guitars! i'd buy a couple to mess with but i don't think they post to the uk. plus postage would probably cost as much as the guitar.

Epiphone LP Standard trn blue ltd edition
fender squire strat (heavily modified and re painted with WOA festival logo)
Trace Elliot Super Tramp Valve 100 Combo
digtech RP3.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I was looking at SX basses last night. Another thing on my list of things to get. So affordable

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

that looks stunning but i have heard bad things about the SX line from Rondo. Guitar Player reviewed and SX model by their columnist AND some regular players and it wasn't pretty. Bad hardware, sharp frets, weak pickups, a crappy bridge, slippy tuners.

But, the woods look so nice you could buy it and use it as a project and end up with a rather nice lookin' amalgam of parts that's all your own...and yes, go for chrome!

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok... the feelings have passed. I didn't buy the guitar. It looks SOOO pretty for that price with a hardcase, but I don't need another guitar and I'm currently working on a Squier project so it doesn't make any sense.

But then I read Mike's post about his 12-string and his new Ibanez and I get the craving again...

Smeagal likes the precious...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote