Dave Mustaine

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Thanks for the link. I'd kind of thought of that before, but not put it into much use.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

yeah I thought it was kinda presumptuous of Mustaine to asume he invented that idea. I mean im sure many ppl sitting at home have thought of that idea while messing around. He was just the first famous person to put it a song and give the technique a name! He really has a king sized ego! You know he said in an interview:
"In my heart I've always beleived im the best at what i do. There's 3 rythem guitar players in the world that can play rythem guitar like I do and thats the rythem guitarists from ACDC, Metallica and me. We influenced a lot of people."
...er Hello? What about Randy Rhoads? Van Halen? Judas Priest? Zakk Wylde?
Dont get me wrong though - I love Megadeth, Mustaine's one of the greatest metal rythen guitarist ever. I just think his ego needs popping lol :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

yeah I thought it was kinda presumptuous of Mustaine to asume he invented that idea. I mean im sure many ppl sitting at home have thought of that idea while messing around. He was just the first famous person to put it a song and give the technique a name! As far as guitar techniques go, that's about as close as you'll get nowadays. If he came up with it independently, it's still an invention (literally; and an invention of sorts in the figurative sense). I came up with a design for a simple water pump for a physics project way back in school, only to be given crap marks for 'just copying from a text book' or some such. Archimedes got there a couple of millenia before I did :mrgreen:

I agree about his ego though - he's one of my idols, it'd just be nice if he were a bit more humble :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote