DEAL of the CENTURY...

Notifications
Clear all

DEAL of the CENTURY at Rondo!

28 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

If you get GAS easily then I will warn you...DO NOT click this link!

Agile AL-2000 $99!

I have the gold top of this guitar I and I LOVE it! I might get this just for a second one! I can't pass this up! What is Kurt thinking!?

(@Anonymous)

I'll tell you, if he brings the price of the sunburst tele down in price that'll be the one I get! I am so tempted to get this LP but it's the same one I already have except mine is a gold top...

I HIGHLY recommend this guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That is indeed a great price for that guitar.

He's got great looking new models; this ash-body strat looks incredible: http://www.rondomusic.net/product506.html

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well , yeah and they got good lefty guitars too.(now i am in serious need of some drugs because i m terribly GASSED :lol:)

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Wow! Just might have to hook up with one of those!

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Maybe something to think about: Rondo is a business like any other, they don't do charity. That means that a $99 guitar is generally just that, a $99 guitar. Which doesn't mean that it isn't a nice guitar but it does mean that it is not a SuperBargain for the best guitar ever. I'd seriously consider saving up instead of getting two of these. Now I have to say I never played this thing but I personally never ever saw a guitar under $200 that really had the finish, playability and smoothness of a more expensive guitar. That's not anyone's fault, but just don't forget that you usually get what you pay for. On a sidenote, if people are interested don't forget to look around. There is really no shortage of relatively cheap LP clones. Yamaha, Dean, Stagg, Richwood, Ibanez, they all have guitars like this.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Maybe something to think about: Rondo is a business like any other, they don't do charity. That means that a $99 guitar is generally just that, a $99 guitar. Which doesn't mean that it isn't a nice guitar but it does mean that it is not a SuperBargain for the best guitar ever. I'd seriously consider saving up instead of getting two of these. Now I have to say I never played this thing but I personally never ever saw a guitar under $200 that really had the finish, playability and smoothness of a more expensive guitar. That's not anyone's fault, but just don't forget that you usually get what you pay for. On a sidenote, if people are interested don't forget to look around. There is really no shortage of relatively cheap LP clones. Yamaha, Dean, Stagg, Richwood, Ibanez, they all have guitars like this.

And you know what i can't ever get rondo's guitar sitting in new delhi.Now i have to be satisfied with cheap giVsons , which are pretty good and which 98.71 % of indian guitarists play :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Ok, I have seen a bit of Ash body guitars before. But I have never heard one. Anyone give me an idea as to how they affect sound?

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Arjen, since I have one of these I will personally vouch for their quality. Is it a Gibby or Epi Elitist? No. It's like a Squier verses a Fender...but guitarists I have talked to on other forums are gigging with these guitars (mostly the 2500 or 2800...but the bodies are the same.)...there is not ONE flaw on my guitar...the finish is PERFECT. The frets are polished and filed perfectly.

I can't say enough about these guitars. Most likely Kurt is trying to strike up more business by getting the word around with these prices. He'll sell a few for a day or 2 then raise the price back up...but at least the word is out. Or he is overstocked and needed to make room for newer models...

Either way, this is smart business practice. The BEST form of advertising is word of mouth.

ReplyQuote
(@tkn_dk)
Trusted Member

I was already to impulse buy one of these, lol, but unfortunately (or perhaps luckily :P) they don't ship to Denmark.

All I want is food and creative love.

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Agile AL-2000 $99!

I have the gold top of this guitar I and I LOVE it! I might get this just for a second one! I can't pass this up! What is Kurt thinking!?

Humm. Let us know how it works out when you get it in. Time from order to delivery, whether or not you get that call pressuring you to buy accessories you don't need. It's a place I've never heard of, selling a brand I've never heard of. Who makes em and where? It'll be much more believable than those comments you can see for each and every guitar/amp/accessory at other places. Here we know you and would be more inclined to believe your opinion. Looking at the prices at the site for their various guitars I'm inclined to be suspicious. But that's just me. I'm a grumpy, suspicious human being.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Ok, I have seen a bit of Ash body guitars before. But I have never heard one. Anyone give me an idea as to how they affect sound?
From Warmoth:

We have two very different types of Ash: Northern Hard Ash and Swamp Ash (Southern Soft Ash). Northern Hard Ash is very hard, heavy and dense. A Strat® body will normally weigh 5 lbs. and up. It's density contributes to a bright tone and a long sustain which makes it very popular. It's color is creamy, but it also tends to have heartwood featuring pink to brown tints. The grain pores are open and it takes a lot of finish to fill them up. Swamp Ash is a prized wood for many reasons. It is a very musical wood offering a very nice balance of brightness and warmth with a lot of "pop". It is a fairly light weight wood which makes it easily distinguishable from Hard Ash. A Strat® body will normally weigh under 5 lbs. Many of the 50's Fenders were made of Swamp Ash. The grain is open and the color is creamy. This wood is a very nice choice for clear finishes. Swamp Ash is our second most popular wood.

And from Harmony Central:
Ash - Twangy, porous, and heavy are words that describe ash, the classic ingredient of the Telecaster sound. It also has good bottom end.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Agile AL-2000 $99!

Humm. Let us know how it works out when you get it in. Time from order to delivery, whether or not you get that call pressuring you to buy accessories you don't need. It's a place I've never heard of, selling a brand I've never heard of. Who makes em and where? It'll be much more believable than those comments you can see for each and every guitar/amp/accessory at other places. Here we know you and would be more inclined to believe your opinion. Looking at the prices at the site for their various guitars I'm inclined to be suspicious. But that's just me. I'm a grumpy, suspicious human being.

gadlaw,

I already have the gold top version of this guitar and have been playing it for about 3 months now. I LOVE it and think it is worth every penny spent. I am sure that someone who has been playing a Gibby for 20 years could find some flaws that I don't see. But then we'd be comparing apples to oranges...

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Agile AL-2000 $99!

gadlaw,

I already have the gold top version of this guitar and have been playing it for about 3 months now. I LOVE it and think it is worth every penny spent. I am sure that someone who has been playing a Gibby for 20 years could find some flaws that I don't see. But then we'd be comparing apples to oranges...

I see you're from NY and I assume that you went in the store and got your guitar rather than ordering online and then waiting. First off, it looks like a giant sized store to be able to explore. Sounds like fun. I'm just wondering if the online ordering experience is as good as the in store experience. I see people argue the value and worth of this guitar versus that guitar all the time. It ends up being a personal decision on whether something is a good deal or a bad deal. For the price you can't complain too loudly if it's not as good as the thousand dollar model you might have been eyeing. All that considered I know you'd be able to tell if parts were falling off and if there were construction problems. So I trust you'd know if the gold top had any problems like that from the three months of ownership.

Humm. Hundred dollar guitars. You say they aren't usually that low in price I think. If I might ask, what did you pay for the gold top? Just to have something like that for a bill seems worth the money right there. I mean I saw the 30 dollar acoustic guitars and I'm sorry, but no way am I buying a 30 dollar acoustic guitar but a 100 dollar electric. Humm.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Maybe something to think about: Rondo is a business like any other, they don't do charity. That means that a $99 guitar is generally just that, a $99 guitar.

It's called clearance, man. Kurt said none of the Agile's he had cost less the 100 to make in the factory. :roll:

EDIT: That basically means he's not making a profit on these. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2