Notifications
Clear all

DEAL of the CENTURY at Rondo!

28 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Gadlaw, Rondo doesn't pull that crap on you. They're straight shooters. I've got two Agiles, I've just been sitting here playing one, and I love it! Mine are at the 2500 level. I'd bet the 2000 is a nice playing guitar, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Humm. Let us know how it works out when you get it in. Time from order to delivery, whether or not you get that call pressuring you to buy accessories you don't need. It's a place I've never heard of, selling a brand I've never heard of. Who makes em and where? It'll be much more believable than those comments you can see for each and every guitar/amp/accessory at other places. Here we know you and would be more inclined to believe your opinion. Looking at the prices at the site for their various guitars I'm inclined to be suspicious. But that's just me. I'm a grumpy, suspicious human being.

gadlaw,

I already have the gold top version of this guitar and have been playing it for about 3 months now. I LOVE it and think it is worth every penny spent. I am sure that someone who has been playing a Gibby for 20 years could find some flaws that I don't see. But then we'd be comparing apples to oranges...

I see you're from NY and I assume that you went in the store and got your guitar rather than ordering online and then waiting. First off, it looks like a giant sized store to be able to explore. Sounds like fun. I'm just wondering if the online ordering experience is as good as the in store experience. I see people argue the value and worth of this guitar versus that guitar all the time. It ends up being a personal decision on whether something is a good deal or a bad deal. For the price you can't complain too loudly if it's not as good as the thousand dollar model you might have been eyeing. All that considered I know you'd be able to tell if parts were falling off and if there were construction problems. So I trust you'd know if the gold top had any problems like that from the three months of ownership.

Humm. Hundred dollar guitars. You say they aren't usually that low in price I think. If I might ask, what did you pay for the gold top? Just to have something like that for a bill seems worth the money right there. I mean I saw the 30 dollar acoustic guitars and I'm sorry, but no way am I buying a 30 dollar acoustic guitar but a 100 dollar electric. Humm.

do a search on GN for rondo or agile, harmony central as well (unless MF has removed the reviews)
they are well known and becoming more popular everyday. if i had not just spent this years GAS money i would deffinatly pick one of these and a case up asap.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

First off, it looks like a giant sized store to be able to explore. Sounds like fun.

Actually, is is a very small store. Smaller than most of the local stores here in Austin (I went there on a trip to NY)...

But it IS fun! :wink: :D

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

do a search on GN for rondo or agile, harmony central as well (unless MF has removed the reviews)

Hmm.. I don't think MF technically runs it, I think they just bought it for advertising purposes... 8)

BTW, here's a short ( :lol: ) thread about Agiles: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=63fed98f8e981e595544f4e84ec5806f&threadid=388088&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

250 pages!

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Sorry. Don't mean to sound like a d**k or anything. I like to think that everyone online is great and does good work but then I remember reading this story http://thomashawk.com/2005/11/priceritephoto-abusive-bait-and-switch.html about a good deal of abusiveness in a online sale from a smaller NY/NY business. So my inquiring mind likes to get as much info as possible. I'd hate to hear about someone getting taken for a ride when all they wanted was a guitar to play 'Ticket to Ride' . Sometimes I'm so witty I crack myself up.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I see you're from NY and I assume that you went in the store and got your guitar rather than ordering online and then waiting.

You're right about one thing...I am in NY..and Rondo is in New Jersey. About a 8 hour drive...however I did the mail order and it was a great experience. It was double boxed in heavy duty boxes and shrunk wrapped.

Sorry. Don't mean to sound like a d**k or anything. I like to think that everyone online is great and does good work but then I remember reading this story http://thomashawk.com/2005/11/priceritephoto-abusive-bait-and-switch.html about a good deal of abusiveness in a online sale from a smaller NY/NY business. So my inquiring mind likes to get as much info as possible. I'd hate to hear about someone getting taken for a ride when all they wanted was a guitar to play 'Ticket to Ride' . Sometimes I'm so witty I crack myself up.

Well I guess if you're worried about that then you might as well buy locally. There is ALWAYS some crook waiting in the wings to take advantage of some unsuspecting victim. But Kurt has a GREAT reputation and has a "No Questions Asked" return policy. If you don't like it for ANY reason then just email him and ship it back. He answers ALL of his emails usually within an hour or two of receiving them. He also watches the forums to see what people want and what they are saying about his guitars.

I was like you before I bought from Rondo...I asked a ton of questions then I figured it was either take a chance or pay more money for possibly a lesser guitar. I am GLAD I took the chance. I will but from him again...I'm just waiting for the Agile Tele's to come down in price..

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I forgot to mention that THIS is exactly what I paid for my guitar...plus $15 shipping...

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Well I guess if you're worried about that then you might as well buy locally. There is ALWAYS some crook waiting in the wings to take advantage of some unsuspecting victim. But Kurt has a GREAT reputation and has a "No Questions Asked" return policy. If you don't like it for ANY reason then just email him and ship it back. He answers ALL of his emails usually within an hour or two of receiving them. He also watches the forums to see what people want and what they are saying about his guitars.
Well that's why I'm asking questions. Otherwise you don't learn a thing. And if you don't worry about things and check them out you will get jammed by some online crooks. And while there are always crooks out there you don't have to blindly go and find out too late about any particular shady character. It's not an urban legend about the online crooks out there after all. I don't know if you went to the article but it got pretty big play on Slashdot, Digg and other places. Heck I saw something on 60 Minutes about various electronic online stores of less than stellar reputation. In this case the result being that internet justice reared up -hurt the business in question and resulted in changes in personel and a public apology. It's hard to run a crooked game for long when we can all talk to each other and discuss these things.

And anyways. I believe you. I've bookmarked the link. I will buy a hundred dollar guitar here in short order. It's that honest face of yours. Although I have to say that I clicked on your link and discovered to my horror that you sir are some kind of PE teacher. I cannot recall good times with PE teachers in my day. I remember the one who slammed my skinny self into a wall one day for refusing to do the square dance thing. Bad mojo those PE teachers and dodgeball. Like the same PE teacher who I remember exhorted his football players on one side of the dodgeball 'game' to pound me for the crime of being unhittable by them. One of these days I'll hunt that guy down. :twisted:

I was like you before I bought from Rondo...I asked a ton of questions then I figured it was either take a chance or pay more money for possibly a lesser guitar. I am GLAD I took the chance. I will but from him again...I'm just waiting for the Agile Tele's to come down in price..

!!??!! Like me??!! Irresistable to women and darn good looking? Tons of questions is always a good idea. Saves on those tons of recriminations.
8)

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Hmm.. I don't think MF technically runs it, I think they just bought it for advertising purposes... 8)

BTW, here's a short ( :lol: ) thread about Agiles: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=63fed98f8e981e595544f4e84ec5806f&threadid=388088&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

250 pages!

Thank you. I'm learning something of which I had no earthly idea of.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

While I can't speak to the Agile brand of guitars, I can recommend Rondo highly. I bought a SX guitar from them back in July. I absolutely love it. Beautiful finish. Not a single problem from Rondo at all. Quick shipping, great service.

This is the one I have: http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdmhna.html

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

I don't know if this is related or not but since posting in this particular thread I've been really bombarded with spam. All those stupid ones where they think you're an idiot and will open this 'fbi' questionairre in a zip file or that 'mail delivery failure' zip file. Anybody else getting a sudden increase in spam activity? Well Spammed and pinged. Watching those pings hit the firewall as well. I'm pretty sure I didn't insult Rondo and anyone reading the thread would have seen that the consensus on Rondo was positive. PE teachers now, well I don't think they're that organized or anything and besides I spoke of specific PE teachers. The only other group that could be a bit put out would be the NY/NJ retailers mentioned in the horror story link. Ah but why would they bother. Probably just the Christmas season bringing all the extra Spam in the mailbox. Well, time to go clean out the mailbox. :(

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i am hopelessly waiting when rondo music open a retail store in india.......................................... :oops:

I tell that , they are gonna do real damn hell of a business out here.Mike just tell kurt , oh , will you , :wink: that me and many others are waiting for them , or atleast those awesome cheaply and high quality guitars...

Actually we also get these kind of guitars here , cheap and quite good BUT no left handed and rondo has a pretty decent collection of lefty guitars so...u know i am much after em :twisted: (now when someone is deciding to visit our place ...just im me cauz i wil have a shopping list which will include an agile LP copy and an SX strat copy :wink: )

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Looks like it's $149.95 now. Good job guys :)

oktay

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2