Dear Santa...

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

My new guitar. A Tele. It is a Squier. It sounds great to me. Incredible neck. I was playing Fender (MIA, MIJ and MIM), G&L (USA and Tribute). I chose this one (or maybe she chose me). I can't put it down.

(@alangreen)

Oooooh, nice.

I fancy a Tele next - my main electric is in need of a good overhaul - and in fact I fancy a Slimline Tele with the semi-hollow body. I can get it in kit form too - tempting.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Alan. Yes, fancy, the word describes it perfectly. I love the Tele because of the simplicity and versatility. I wanted a Tele since... I don't remember the exact date but it was when Vic bought his Tele. When I did read his post in which he described the guitar I knew I would buy a Tele.

This is quite cheap. Fender is doing pretty well in the Classic Vibe series. The work in the frets is perfect, much, much better than the American G&L (+1000€). Also I was playing a Slimline with a humbucker in the neck position. Nice tone and weight thanks to the semi-hollow body but it was a 'relic' and I hate the finish.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It was about July or August 2007 when I bought my MIM Tele - but my main guitar for the two years before that was a Squier Custom Tele, which I still have - it's actually my ONLY guitar at the moment. Nicely set up for chords or slide - that's one of the great things about the Tele, everything's easily adjustable! - although it could do with re-fretting, it's had some serious practising & playing over the last 8 years!

Congrats on your new purchase, Nuno - looks a dead ringer for Rick Parfitt's (Status Quo, just in case anyone didn't know) except his main Tele has a mahogany neck - and of course, he uses heavy strings - 13's, I think.

Hope you get as much pleasure out of your Tele as I've had out of mine over the years! Oh, and my playing seemed to improve in leaps and bounds as soon as I got mine....perhaps that's just a side bonus of having a guitar you just DON'T want to put down!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Currently I'm using .10's but I'll go to .11's in the next change, I use them in other guitars and they feel better to me (I'm not sure if they sound differently).

Thank you very much, Vic!

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Hi nuno! Glad to see you're still rockin'

Oh, and congrats on the guitar!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Lars!

Thanks 8)

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

For strings- I just switched to Ernie Ball on my Tele. I went from .09 daddarios to .10 Ernie balls. Just as easy to bend and they sound much, much better! You might want to check out 11 (or even 12) Ernie balls.

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I use Ernie Ball on my Strat. I was testing SIT on the Tele. I had never used this brand before and the salesperson recommended it. It seems they are not keeping as fresh and clean as Ernie Ball.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote