Clear all

Dhani Harrison's guitar?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know what sort of acoustic Dhani Harrison is playing in the Concert for George? It's distinctive because of the heart-shaped soundhole. Someone asked me about it and I have no idea who makes the guitar. Perhaps it's custom made?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Musen,

I'm almost positive that that is Clapton's guitar. I've seen a few pictures of it with him, and am pretty sure that it was custom made and one of the guitars he auctioned off recently. I'll try to do a little searching to find out for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member

I believe it is a Tony Zemaitis custom guitar. That one does look like Clapton's, but I know Harrison collected quite a few of his own after playing Clapton's Zemaitis.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I believe it is a Tony Zemaitis custom guitar. That one does look like Clapton's, but I know Harrison collected quite a few of his own after playing Clapton's Zemaitis.

Yep, looks like you're right. The one Clapton had was a 12-string (Ivan The Terrible) and it looks like the one Dhani is using is a 6-string. I had only seen Clapton use a guitar that looks like that, but it seems others (including George) were using them too. Here's some stuff on the Zemaitis guy:

http://www.privateguitarcollector.com/ztonyhomepage.htm

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

By the way, wasn't it spooky seeing Dhani up there? He looks just like George!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, Dhani looks very much like a young George. Uncanny. But that's genetics for you!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote