Clear all

Di Giorgio guitar

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@melodiemuse)
Topic starter  

Hi,

My very wonderful friend just had a bit of a windfall and bought me a guitar I have been drooling over for a few days in the second hand store..
It isnt real pretty..looks like its been repaired.. but it sounds divine..warm rich tones..it sounds like I always expect red wine should taste (but rarely does) Sweet, Rich and Deep. (I am very in love with him..even if hes old and battered :D )

I would like to know a little bit more about him his name is Roger De Paulo.. (I name all my guitars.. :oops: )

he has a sticker inside that reads: Di Giorgio Classic guitar made in brazil, year 1975, model classico no28.

he also has a signature on the back of the head and an unusual patterned wood on the back.

If anyone knows anything about these guitars I would love some info.

:D Im off to try him out some more..he has such a lovely action..blah blah.. (L) sigh.. Im in love again lol

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I tried a google search but didn't find much. You might want to try and look through it all...

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hint: on Google put "Di Giorgio" in quotes, and then the word guitar. A good many hits come up, some of which look useful. I didn't read 'em all.

Try doing the same without the space in "Di Giorgio," i.e. DiGiorgio. Might pick up a few more.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@melodiemuse)
Topic starter  

I did the suggested searches..also a few on other search engines before I posted here..and I also emailed the company in Brazil to ask if the could give me any details about the guitars history.. no reply yet.

I was hoping there may have been an avid brazilian guitar buff lurking around the list who might have a clue for me.

Thanks for searching and for the info 8)

Bright Blessings
Melodie

ReplyQuote
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

If anyone knows anything about these guitars I would love some info.
This might be of some help:
http://www.gdrankin.com/GuitarPic/Others/Di_Giorgio/1975_6_String.htm

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That is a pretty thing!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@destro7cordas)

... only now I read this message ...
... if still interested in this guitar model no longer exists in Brazil ... was replaced by classic 38, with solid top of spruce ... the box is iron stick to slides ... the old classic 28's best. ..aqui Brazil in the year 1975 should be worth the average of R$ 500,00 (Reais) ... is a very good model of 6 nylon strings, the Master, handmade, all solid (Spruce on top, Kaoba, ebony on the scale ... R $ 2.000,00 (Reais) with case ... 7 strings R $ 2.700,00 ...

ReplyQuote