Skip to content
Dimarzio Pickups - ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dimarzio Pickups - What do you recommend???

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I know there are a lot of Dimarzio fans out there... I am building a custom strat using a Mighty-mite body, neck, Fender '62 re-issue bridge, locking tuners, and custom wiring. Since I already have a S-S-H Stratocster, and I play Hard Rock (Rush, Guns, Maiden) I wanted something a little edgier.

I'm going to go with a two humbucker setup with wiring such that I can split the north and single coils of the 'buckers with a 5-way switch. The question is now... what pickups?? I have a Seymour Duncan set up guitar, and a Gibson pickup guitar, so I thought I'd try Dimarzios.

My first thought was a set of Evoultion Bridge, and Evo 2 neck pickups.

My other options was the Satriani setup - Fred at the bridge, and PAF Joe at the neck.

Any other thoughts or comments? I want this strat to have a different sound. I don't want the "Classic Rock" sound since I alsready have that, and I don't want the Fat Stat sound, since I have that. Let me know what you think! Thanks!!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@rocker)
Noble Member

Dali

Go with the eveloution series in the neck....go with the paf pro series at the bridge.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

I like the Super Distortion......very old school sound. The EVO2 is a great choice too

ReplyQuote