Clear all

Dissapointed with an Epi SG

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm going to feel up a few other SG's (ooh er missus! :wink: ) at this up and coming guitar show and see what I think. I love my Les Paul and I have a lot of respect for Epiphone as a result, so I don't see why a G400 should be any less well screwed together.

Thanks for the comments though. :)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Heck, ALL guitar manufacturers put out some lemons. I own three Gibson Les Pauls, and I love every one of em. BUT, I had to look around quite a bit before I found my gems. I was actually shocked at the % of Gibsons that had one issue or another. The same is true, to varying degrees, with all manufacturers.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I too wasn't crazy about the tone of my Epi SG. I changed the pickups and whoa! what a difference! Definitely worth waiting 4 months for the custom pickups to be ready!

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'm not a fan of the G-400 pickups, either. Compared to my Gibson, the Eipi pu's are quite muddy. Also, the G400 models are more neck-heavy than their big brother.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2