Do We Have Another ...

Notifications
Clear all

Do We Have Another eBay Scam Here?!

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I have a funny feeling THIS GUY is trying to scam someone. The pictures are VERY small. PLUS I never heard of a Fender MINI-Squier? Now maybe he is legit but you would think the pictures would be bigger then. I think this is just the same old Behringer Strat Starter pack. What do you think?

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Mini-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510421

i was shopping these recently looking for a starter for my kids.
dunno if he is legit or not but it's kinda weird that his pics of the guitar are so small and his type is so huge.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Mini-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=510421

i was shopping these recently looking for a starter for my kids.
dunno if he is legit or not but it's kinda weird that his pics of the guitar are so small and his type is so huge.

Thnaks TwistedLefty. I never heard of them before. But STILL, I think he is over priced. The Behringer V-Tone GM108 is only $60 new plus $99 for the guitar...His price is $169 SHIPPED compared to $160 shipped from MF (Free Shipping) Yes there is a stand and bag but it's USED!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Here's a guy that over inflates shipping! I bought my GMX210 from eBay which is FAR larger than this amp and it was only $30 shipping.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I have a 6 year old student with a mini-Squier. It's a 3/4 size Squier Strat.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

It's not a scam but it is purposely misleading. When you see the guitar and amp for only $119 it looks like a super deal. Then he hits you big on the shipping. If you check his other items for sale, he charges big shipping fees on practically everything.

Probably betting that most people do not check on shipping until they've already bid on an item.

So, not a scam, but a little shady.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Get this...I emailed the guy who had the GM110 amp with $80 shipping...here is the reply I got:
Starting price is 1 penny & 80 bucks for this amp is cheap, Also if you can find this amp for 1 penny, I'll take a truck load

Maybe if everyone with an eBay acount could all email him he might get the hint! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Oh, yeah. Well, check out this ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300006962914

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Oh, yeah. Well, check out this ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300006962914

The sad part is that there were 37 bids!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ReplyQuote
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

Get this...I emailed the guy who had the GM110 amp with $80 shipping...here is the reply I got:
Starting price is 1 penny & 80 bucks for this amp is cheap, Also if you can find this amp for 1 penny, I'll take a truck load

Maybe if everyone with an eBay acount could all email him he might get the hint! :wink: People sell stuff on ebay for a penny then jack up shipping because ebay takes percentage of what you sell it for but they don't get any money from shipping not saying its right or wrong just giving the reason

Tim

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

People sell stuff on ebay for a penny then jack up shipping because ebay takes percentage of what you sell it for but they don't get any money from shipping not saying its right or wrong just giving the reason

I have no problems with getting your fees back from the customer...I do that as well. But shipping acceptable shipping would be say $30 then add maybe $10 for handling & fees. That should cover the fees.

Anyway, I reported this guy to eBay and if you look he changed his shipping charge to $0.99...to the OTHER extreme! Plus he sent me any email saying he BLOCKED me from buying from him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I WANT to buy from a thief!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

My son has the Mini Squier. Not a bad little starter guitar for a child. I am surprised he got a bid on it though at that price.

ReplyQuote
(@soundgarden)
Trusted Member

It's funny how the mermaid has a dorsal fin on one side of it's tail but not the other.
A+ for effort on the mermaid, whoever made it.

Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem. Kurt Cobain
Have you seen the roses? There's a whole lot of colours. Syd Barret

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

That's the ugliest mermaid I've ever seen in my life!

:shock:

How many have you seen and where do I go to see them? :wink: :lol:

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Maybe if everyone with an eBay acount could all email him he might get the hint! :wink: People sell stuff on ebay for a penny then jack up shipping because ebay takes percentage of what you sell it for but they don't get any money from shipping not saying its right or wrong just giving the reason
It's also against the terms you have to agree to when signing up with Ebay. I wish they'd stop counting their money and start enforcing it :roll:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2