Clear all

Drum Machine for timing with Guitar Tracks Pro 3 - correctio

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I am needing to work on my timing with a metrodome, and don't want just click.

Does anyone know if Guitar Tracks Pro 3 or something like that can play drums in different timing so I can work on my timing.

I know some people just use a cheap keyboard that has something like this built in, but I don't want to go that route due to space limitations.

Any help, or alternatiaves would be appreciated.

(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

I know that Guitar Pro 5 will allow you to add drum parts to a song. It's not as intuitive as a drum machine program though.

There are many drum machines out there.

Free one:
http://www.ordrumbox.com/

The one I use (costs to keep it though) - but it's really easy to use and comes with lots of tracks
http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/

There might actually be a thread by Nick somewhere on the "Free Stuff" area of the site. You might want to check it out

ReplyQuote
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have corrected this subject, as it is Guitar Tracks Pro 3 I was referring to, and not Guitar Pro 3. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the thoughts so far.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Well what I use is a little multi effects board that has a drum machine the Digitech RP 50, though if u can get a better one get it, that 1 is only good cause of the drum machine, the sounds are whack.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I use a couple of different programs.

Wierd Metronome is fairly simple to use, and can assign different percussion sounds to the beat. You can create moderately complex rhythms using up to 9 sounds in a loop.

Hammerhead can do fairly complex rhythms, and allows you to load alternate drum kits to change the available sounds. It was written with an '80s Roland drum machine in mind.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote