7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
45.1 K Views
(@jeremy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi there,

Can anyone point me to webpages or books which might contain the above?

My wife is a good piano player, I play guitar but we are somewhat out of practice owing to the demands of children, but it would be nice to know such a site existed, when we get some time in the future. Any genre would be okay.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Here's a site that has tab for piano and guitar on some songs. You might have to sign in.EChords.com

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

I don't know what kind of music you and your wife want to play, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" since the piano is very dominant in that song. I know I have played it with a piano player in the past. I recently posted the song to the Easy Song Data Base Forum.

Kid Rock's balland "Cold and Empty" might work. It's a piano ballad that I arranged for guitar. Surely there's some common ground there.

If I think of others, I'll let you know. There's not much piano in today's music but if you go back to the 70's and 80's there's all kinds. Country and blues too!

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I don't know of any sites but a couple songs of the top of my head are...

Motion Picture Soundtrack-Radiohead (I think it's an organ, but it may be piano)
Exit Music-Radiohead
Clocks-Coldplay
Rush of Blood To The Head-Coldplay
Wasted Time-Eagles (if you can find a good guitar transcription, I forgot where I got mine)
Almost anything by Porcupine Tree (Brittish rock band)

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Hey Jude- The Beatles, not really a duet but you can can both sing

Let It Be- The Beatles
same as hey jude but you can work with it, theres only 1 guitar part

go to powertabs.net from there you can downlaod accurate tabs for guitar and piano. First, you have to download the PT software. There is a link on that site

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

My daughter and I look for songs from bands who's primary instrument is piano and I play rhythm to back her up.
Such as,
Elton John and Billy Joel

ReplyQuote
 bltc
(@bltc)
Trusted Member

Last week my girlfriend and I jammed a bit.

Some songs we played were 'Gravity' (Embrace), along with 'Looked What You've Done' (Jet) and 'The Scientist' (Coldplay).

It was quite an experience as I just learned the concept of playing chords on the piano two weeks ago and so I had to tell her what to play.

She is a level 7 or 8 in piano, so she didn't have too much trouble playing the chords, so things picked up pretty fast after we played for a while.

ReplyQuote