Notifications
Clear all

Ebay Chop Shop

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

People sell a guitar in parts all the time, simply because you earn more. The guitar itself is worth about $150 in one part (I got my RG550 with higher quality parts for $200). He's currently at $120 with four days to go, and he has the chance of a bidding war erupting on each of his items seperately. If he is lucky he might run off with an extra $50.

Besides, I've never heared of people selling stolen guitars in pieces, they just sell them in one to get rid of it asap.

I really wish people wouldn't do this. I mean, it's okay to sell parts, but when they cut up vintage instruments...it's just sad. It's like they're killing the insturment.
If it's a real vintage instrument, it'll have vintage value, so cuttiing it up wouldn't get you as much as leaving it in one piece. A vintage instrument is worth more than the sum of it's parts.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I made a mistake. No I didn't report the seller. As I stated, I thought he was selling stolen merchandise. But since I didn't know that he was, I didn't report him. I am glad now, that I didn't. Also glad that no one is sitting home alone w/o their guitar.

I am too suspicious of people, I have had gear stolen in the past.

Adios.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2