Clear all

electric strings

25 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

what kind of electric guitar string do you guys(and girls) like to use. :)
I'm looking for string that are very bright i have never bought electric guitar strings before
Thanks and God Bless :D :D :D

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I buy ghs. They make a burnished string that's designed to sound a bit more like the guitar strings of the 60s and are brighter in tone. The burnished strings come in a blue package.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Rotosound 10s.

"Yellows".

Dreamy tone when you first put them on...after awhile, as with most guitar strings, they get a bit dull, but then it's time to change them anyway. :)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@disposable-hero)

I like the d'addario EXL110, .010 gauge, really nice sound and last a while although I usually change them every two months. Also great value if bought in sets of three.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I'm looking for string that are very bright

Very bright: Try Gibson Brite Wires (bright as the name implies,) or Dean Markley Blue Steel (stainless). The latter will last a bit longer.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I buy whatever nickel electric strings are on sale, or get 'em in bulk from http://juststrings.com/ and make up my own sets.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I use brite super slinky air guitar strings.

Advice : Use any string which is on discount. :D

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

I like the d'addario EXL110, .010 gauge, really nice sound and last a while although I usually change them every two months. Also great value if bought in sets of three.

Second that. I get them in a box of 20, shared between myself and a friend! :lol:

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@fingerbanger)
Eminent Member

I agree with Musenfreund. I have been using GHS strings for decades. I prefer the .009-.042

Let that boy boogie woogie, cuz' it in em' and it got to come out. -John Lee Hooker-
There is no substitute for experience. So get out there and break some strings on stage. -F.B.-

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I am a new convert to Ernie Ball Slinkies. I've got the Hybrid Slinkies (start at 0.09 gauge) on one guitar and the Regular Slinkies (0.10) on another. They are pretty cheap and feel and sound great.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks guys but I still dont know what to pick I'm thinkin d'addario.
Thanks again and God Bless :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I have used Ernie Ball Super Slinky's 10 - 46 nickel wound for years. I think they are great strings for the money.
GHS singles fill in when I break a string.
nickel is essential on my electric strings.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I'm with Ricochet whatever is cheapest or on sale in my size: 10's on electric and 11's on acoustic. D'addario seems to be in every store and they are fairly inexpensive. I tried a bunch of different strings a while back and I couldn't tell the difference.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

I am a new convert to Ernie Ball Slinkies. I've got the Hybrid Slinkies (start at 0.09 gauge) on one guitar and the Regular Slinkies (0.10) on another. They are pretty cheap and feel and sound great.

Slinkies all the way, they are cheap and good. I got a 3-pack for my birthday in October, so they should last me well into the new year.

For more expensive strings, I love the DR strings. I use the Dimebag custom strings(coated strings) on my Jackson and they scream.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys I got the strings and I picked the d'addario EXL110, .010 gauge. :D
Thanks again and God Bless :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2