Clear all

electro acoustic

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

anybody know a decent electro-acoustic guitar for me to buy? i was thnking fender but not sure what to buy yet...i only really have about £200 to soend so not really got much of a pprice range..

cheers.....gaz

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Gaz,
I guess it all comes down to what you like. Acoustic guitars have different tones, so I'd suggest playing the ones in your price range & see what sounds good to your ears & feels good in your hands. Fenders are good. I've seen some decently priced Washburns, Epiphones, Deans, etc. Some have a more "trebly" sound, others have a "warmer" sound. All depends on what you like. Good luck.
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Alvarez makes nice reasonably priced ones as well.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You can get a decent Fender for around £160

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Its always worth looking on Ebay mate. I would recommend Yamaha APX range and there's often them on there for a decent price.

Unless your a lefty like me that is!!
:cry:

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@ainet-esharp)
Trusted Member

Hi Gaz I recently bought this. http://www.soundsmusical.com/product_details.asp?p=Vintage%20Electro-Acoustic%20Cutaway%20Guitar%20VEC500N&cl=Natural&col1=4784

Very nice and usually £170.00. I lowered the saddle/action and changed the string to Martin Custom 11's and tightened the truss a touch. You could get your local Guitar shop to set it up. The guitar is well made and finished but get it setup properly and you will have a very nice guitar for not much money. Its also a solid spruce top.

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageacoustic.html

Vintage VEC 500 electro-acoustic guitar.

-----------------------

And a 1-2-3-4.

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

wow thanks for all the replies guys...im gonna be playin slighty rough style acoustic indie punk and also indie punk on my electric guitar too....but also slightly mellow slow songs....the band im starting are into allsorts but wer gonna stick to a genre and work on it..so im not sure what to go for

decisions decisionsssss!!!!!!

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote