Skip to content
Elixir Nanoweb vs D...

Notifications
Clear all

Elixir Nanoweb vs D'Addario EXP strings??

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Been playing my Seagull S6 for about a month now, so its about time for a string change.

Would like to go with a coated string in light gauge (12's). I think the original strings on a Seagull are Godin's which I think (?) are repackaged D'Addario's. Has anyone tried the D'Add EXP's? I've heard great things about the Elixir's already, but I've never heard a direct comparison between the two. Sound? Longevity?

For the record, I like the nice, warm, mid-tone range of the Seagull and was wondering which strings would keep this sound closest to the original.

Thanks in advance....

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok.......

Anyone tried the D'Adarrio EXP's? Can you give me information on those?

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have never tried the D'Adarrio EXP's. I've heard that they are good but, I use Elixir's Polywebs and have no reason why I should try another type.

The Polywebs give you a nice warm tone and they last a long time. They DO fray alittle where you strum but, that doesn't effect the sound at all.

Try them both and make a comparison yourself. What someone thinks sounds good, might not be the same to you.

I have found the strings I like and feel there is no need to try another but, you never know, I might try those EXP's one day.

Doesn't Martin have a version of there own?

ReplyQuote
(@goatface)

I have never tried the EXPs but I love D'Addario strings in general.

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member

I 've tried, poly web, nano web, and EXP,... Currently EXP are my favorites, Try them all... Strings are like ice cream they come in several flavores because everyone likes something a little different.

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I used to play Elixers Nanowebs. I kept them for about 4 sets then I decided to change because I had string breakage with them. I switched to the EXP's and the problem went away. I feel they sound better too.

They last so long that I actually have to take them off as a set and throw them away. They last too long.

I know others may feel the opposite way, but that is what works on my guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Please delete this post. It's a duplicate, at least it used to be! lol

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Check out this Elixer special at JustStrings.

http://www.juststrings.com/elxspecial.html

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote