Epi G-400 for $250?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have an opportunity to buy an EPI G-400, ebony, for $250. I get the case and a 10-watt Crate amp with reverb with it.

Here's the pic that was supplied.

I like SG's, and I have read that these are pretty good for a copy. I have played around with other EPI models and they seem pretty solid. Mf has them for $449, so $200 is a good savings, I think.

I figured I can get this, get the Squier Tele (which I play every time I go by the store), and bail on my G&L for the time being. Two guitars for the price of one!

Any thoughts on the deal?

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

(@riff_master)

i don't know anything about the squire tele (i'm not really a fender guy myself) but my main axe is a epi g-400.this guitar is awesome plays,sounds and feels excellent.i play metal and the g-400 has a nice fat sound.you're getting a good deal there.i'd say go for it.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I have a Squier tele, bought it when I set out to buy a fender tele...I tried a couple of Fenders, but the Squier sounded and felt better...and I saved £300, so I bought a bass and a 12-string and still came in under budget!

If you're that happy with the tele (I suppose you must be, you keep going back to it!) then grab it...I also bought an Epi LP later, got that at a knock-down price....I use the tele mainly for blues, the epi for hard rock...

I've never tried an SG, or even an epi copy of an SG, so I can't advise about that....but most epis seem to get good write-ups around here....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'm not insanely impressed with the Epi LPs but their G400 is a whole different thing. If it is in proper condition $250 is an awesome price, even more so with the added stuff. Dump the amp for $30 or so on ebay, figure a case usually isn't below $40 and you're running around with a full mahogany SG for $190. That's just dirt-cheap. As for tele vs G&L: if you like this specific squier tele, get it. G&L isn't stopping productions any time soon yet this specific squier can be bought any second, theoretically.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

is it brand new.?if yes i am really getting JEALOUS :twisted:

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The G-400 is brand new, or at least appears to be. Not a blem on it. I haven't been able to plug it in, as the amp that comes with it is packed. I already have a Roland Cube-15 anyway, so the Crate is gravy. It does sound good unplugged, though, and I read somewhere that if a guitar sounds good unplugged it'll sound good plugged in.

As far as the Squier goes, I love it and have no qualms about bailing on the G&L, at least for now. It has awesome tone, is built great, and looks killer (I gravitate toward the walnut finish). I only bring the Squier up because I am mainly GASing for a Tele, and while the G&L is a very, very nice guitar, and I fell in love with it from the get-go, something about the Squier keeps calling my name--and it is half the price of the G&L. I have already decided to buy it either tonight or tomorrow.

I am probably going to get the G-400, too, as the reviews online have all been great for those, but I trust the folks here more than reviews other places. The players here haven't steered me wrong yet--in fact, it was the guys here who led me to even pick up the Squier Tele, and boy am I glad they did!

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

just for the price, even if it is a little messed up, I say get it.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

just for the price, even if it is a little messed up, I say get it.

Yes , Back in black towards highway to hell and sound your hell bells :wink: :wink:

ReplyQuote