Clear all

epi les paul buying tips?

54 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey, i think i am gonna buy a les paul standard in the next month or so, and i was wondering if there are any tips u can give me as to things to look, or watch out for when buying a les paul. and do they come with cases usually?

thanx

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://www.rondomusic.net/

give these a look b4 you buy :wink:

i'm seriously gassin for an agile 2500 gold top w/3 p-90s 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Are the Rondo SX models compareable to Epi LPs?

Say if someone were to order the SX GG1 STU BO (product 434...the wine red one on the first page), would that be comparable to say a low end Epi LP Standard?

Do they do the setup on them before they ship them?

I'm curious, although I'll wait until I find out something for sure before I tell why ;)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey how good are those guitars? Are they good quality? One of those could satisfy my G.A.S. until the cash starts rolling in again!

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Dunno how the SX models stack up, but the Agiles are very nice guitars!

And yes, they come nicely set up.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I like this one here... SX GG1 STD Set Neck Ash

Great prices too!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

mikespe, those guitars are great quality from what I've heard, defiently comparable to an epi les paul, and msot likely passing them.

Just wait a bit for yoyo to come around and tell you how good rondo guitars are. He's got me convinced.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

If that's the case I'm ordering one (maybe 2!!!!) tomorrow! I was going to wait for the Epi Les Paul but if I can get basically the same quality for less HEY I am all for it!

However now I do know which one(s) I want!! There is a nice acoustic (Ovation style) for $169, then there is the one I posted above and also this one HERE.

My head is spinning now!!! I might actually have a REAL guitar soon!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

That Agile AL-2500 seems like a really good deal and they get good write ups. I may just have to get one. :lol:

That is after I get a new amp and some sorely needed recording gear.

G.A.S. is a terrible thing to waste. :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

G.A.S. is a terrible thing to waste. :twisted:

Well at least this GAS is cheaper than the gas at the pump!!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well at least this GAS is cheaper than the gas at the pump!!
Funny, that is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that. Great minds :shock: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

What's the difference between Wax potted humbucker pickups and P-90 pickups? That seems to be one of the differences between the $199 Agile 2500 and the $239 model?

One difference between the 2000 and the 2500 is the 2000 has a 3 piece body and the 2500 has a 2 piece? Besides durability do this make much of a difference?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey, i got another question now, is their a sound difference between the classic and standard LP's or is it just the open coil HB's?

thanx

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Mikey007,
There's a forum hidden deep within the epiphone web site. I used it to answer some of those kinds of questions when I got my epi. I don't remember the answer to this one spcifically though. Sorry.

Oh, and I do enjoy my epi very much.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I wish I hadn't come across this thread.....I'm seriously G.A.S.'ing for one of those Agile LP copies. I keep hoping someone is going to speak up and tell me they're pieces of junk....but I just keep hearing glowing comments.

How can I *NOT* spend a couple hundred bucks for a completely playable, nice-looking LP copy?? I need help :cry:

I don't actually need to make a house payment this month, do I? I mean, the bank will understand that I NEEDED a new guitar....right?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4