Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Epiphone Sheridan II Toggle switch settings

(@davelees)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

My son just bought an Epiphone Sheridan II and we are trying to figure out the configuration of the knobs and the toggle switch settings ... does anyone know if the front two knobs control volume or tone and which setting on the toggle switch controls which pickup, I think the toggle switch might be flakey

(@alangreen)
Member Moderator

Grab a screwdriver, and touch it on the tops of the pickup poles and you should be able to hear which pickup is in the mix in any position. Normally, I'd expect the Rhythm setting to point to the neck pickup and the Lead setting to point to the bridge.

I'd also expect the front two knobs - those nearest the toggle switch to be volume.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@davelees)
Topic starter  

Thanks for your reply Alan, appreciate it, I will try your suggestions. Does anyone out there actually have a Sheridan II and know for a fact what the setup is or can point me to a link that explains?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Grab a screwdriver, and touch it on the tops of the pickup poles and you should be able to hear which pickup is in the mix in any position. Normally, I'd expect the Rhythm setting to point to the neck pickup and the Lead setting to point to the bridge.

I'd also expect the front two knobs - those nearest the toggle switch to be volume.

The owner's Manual is your friend: http://images.epiphone.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Media/Manuals/EpiOwnrsManul.pdf

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@davelees)
Topic starter  

Thanks moonrider! ... paid about 700 bucks for the guitar and didn't even get an owners manual.

ReplyQuote