Clear all

Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I picked up the string cleaning ones yesterday and i am very impressed with them. Extremely easy to use and when i was done, the strings had a nice slick feel to them, letting my fingers glide across them. I don't know how much they will prolong a set of strings life, but i will definately use them every few days on all of my guitars.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-Wonder-Wipes-String-Cleaner-Wipe?sku=421181

There also are fretboard wipes and polish wipes, if those are as good as the string cleaners, i will be getting them soon.

Anyone else used them, seen them, heard about em'?

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

I haven't ever used any cleaners on my guitars. Let us know if you think the string cleaner improves string life.
I've recently upgraded to a more expensive acoustic and am interested in learning more about maintaining it properly. Is the theory on cleaning the fretboard to keep pollutants from your hands from transferring on to new strings and degrading the sound? Or, is there another reason such as aesthetics, etc.?

Thanks,
:)

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Not only will cleaning your fretboard make it look great and brand new, but it will prolong the life of your guitar by removing all of the oils from your hands and other gunk that gets on there.

Oh yeah, i will be putting a new set of strings on soon so i will see if they last longer by using the wipes.

Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Update: After using the wipes a few times, they seem to have rejuvenated my strings so i won't be changing them anytime soon. These wipes are freakin' awesome!!! :D

I will still see if they make strings last longer when i put on a new set, whenever that will be.

ReplyQuote
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

Thanks DL. I didn't expect you would be able to instantly tell a difference. That sounds promising. I'll check some out myself.
:)

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I guess its time for me to move into the new age, I still use an old t-shirt or sock to wipe the strings after use :oops:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

:shock:

You mean we are supposed to wipe down the guitar and strings after each use? :cry:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

:shock:

You mean we are supposed to wipe down the guitar and strings after each use? :cry:

Well, you don't half to, as long as you like the look and feel of worn in black, rusty and corroded strings :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hmm, might save some time trying to break that stuff off the strings, instead. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hmm, might save some time trying to break that stuff off the strings, instead. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote