Clear all

Excellent customer service from a great company

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A tale of excellent customer service from a great company with an outstanding guitar.

In November of 2010 I took delivery of a Parker DF524 Guitar. I immediately bonded with it. The Sperzel locking tuners and straight string path from machine head to ball end gives me outstanding tuning stability – even better than the guitars that I own that do not have a whammy bar. The ebony fretboard and hardened stainless steel frets make bending strings like putting a warm knife through butter. The shape, light weight, and balance make the guitar comfortable to hold – or perhaps should I say wear – it’s that comfortable. The Duncan S-S-S/H magnetic pickups plus a Piezo under the bridge give the guitar a wide array of outstanding tones. And the 25.5" scale, the 14" radius, and the slim neck make for almost effortless playing.

The guitar came with a one year warranty. A few months after the warranty expired, the body developed a crack between the neck and the neck pickup causing the body to pinch the pickup. So I took some pictures and sent them to Parker asking what I could do to remedy the problem. Much to my surprise, Parker responded by saying to send the guitar back and they would fix it. So I did, and the guitar came back looking as good as new.

Before: and after:
(Look to the 1st string side between the fretboard and pickup)

This is outstanding customer service. How many companies will fix a product that breaks after the warranty expires? Not many. Not only do I love the guitar, but I’m starting to feel the same way about the guitar company and the people running it.

Fast forward another year.

Now the guitar is in its third year, the warranty was for only one year, and the guitar cracks again in the same place. I’m devastated, I love the guitar, but I hate this cracking thing. So I take some more pictures, and send them to Parker asking them how I can address the reoccurrence of the problem.

Parker’s answer was that since the guitar cracked in the same spot, it must be defective, and if I could be patient they will replace the guitar. I can’t tell you how happy I was to receive that e-mail. Talk about customer service! Here is a company that cares about its products, cares for its customers and goes the extra mile to keep them happy.

On Saturday, April 6, 2013 I accepted deliver of a brand new replacement guitar. It’s beautiful, it came already set up (I did lower the action just a tad) and it feels, plays, and sounds great. The grin on my face is ear-to-ear.

Every company sooner or later will have a problem. The way the company handles the problem determines whether it gains a customer for life, or loses a customer for life. Parker has gained a customer for life.

I’m going to have another Parker DF made for me with a different pickup configuration (Duncan P-Rails). I know the guitar will be built well, I know it will be a dream to play, and I know the company will stand behind their product. Thank you Parker.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I had the same great experience with Parker with my P-8EN. I opened the case one day to see the bridge had lifted. Of course it was out of warranty. I called them up and asked where an authorized repair center was and they said, "give us your address and we'll send you a shipping label. We'll fix it." And they did, a flawless job.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

WOW that is so nice to see in todays world!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm blown away by the service, and like Nick, I didn't even have to pay to ship the old guitar back.

As long as they continue with the quality of guitar and customer service, Parker has a customer for life.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Nice to see feedback like this. So many companies' after-sales service is rubbish.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

That's astonishing. Reminds me of the Royals Royce don't break down legend, with the minor difference of not being a legend.

ReplyQuote