Notifications
Clear all

Exciting news

37 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Best of luck to you, Jim. Sounds like a great opportunity, hope it works out for you. Please keep us updated.

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

good luck with it! can't wait to hear.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Sounds great Jim, hope it works out!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

good luck jim, i will keep my fingers crossed for you 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I would expect nothing less from you, Jim.

I bet it works out for you, bud!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

Its always exciting when you might have a chance to play... Good luck bro

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Break a leg....errr...better just say GOOD LUCK :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hope it works out for you, Geoo! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone

Well, it turns out that there are a couple people they are now looking at to fill the spot and I didnt get the feeling from my friend that I was their first choice. They are going to try out one of the other guys next week and he said I might get a try out in a couple weeks or so. So, i had asked him what songs I should prep up on but he said they have a huge book of songs and it could be any of them :shock: . I really have no confidence in being able to do well on a spur of the moment thing. Oh well. We'll see what happens I guess.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you know, sometimes it isn't ability. sometimes it is personality.
a band I had joined soon grew. the band leader audition another guitar player and then a drummer.
I thought all three drummers that tried out were great. he chose the guy that was most like him.
at first I thought it strange, but then, anyone can be taught the song. if you get along with a band mate really well, it is better than hating a music player whiz.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

a band I had joined soon grew. the band leader audition another guitar player and then a drummer.
I thought all three drummers that tried out were great. he chose the guy that was most like him.
at first I thought it strange, but then, anyone can be taught the song. if you get along with a band mate really well, it is better than hating a music player whiz.

Exactly!!!

Even if you aren't the first choice, that doesn't mean you may not get called back.

I have the same deal in my band. I'm a good fit musically but no one likes me. So I may not last. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

dogbite wrote:

I have to agree. Many bands have demonstrated how their music suffered as their relationships degraded.

:)

ReplyQuote
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

I have the same deal in my band. I'm a good fit musically but no one likes me. So I may not last. :D

If its anything like your avatar maybe its your smile......J/K

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

ReplyQuote
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

dogbite wrote:

I have to agree. Many bands have demonstrated how their music suffered as their relationships degraded.

:)

Its so true, alot of times its just who you click with the most. Dont be down on yourself, you never know it still might come through and if it dosent then O well something else will come along if you want it to.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys.. I am still hanging in there but I sure would feel better if I atleast knew what songs they wanted to hear. I am pretty sure the other guy doesnt play guitar so that is a plus for me but I might just sing at the tryout instead of doing both, unless I know the song.

Great advice.. Either way, I'll just keep plugging away until something good comes up.

Douglasa: about the smile comment.. I thought you were talking about me at first.. and i was like "Wow, I never realized I wasnt smiling in that pic" and then I noticed you quoting Bish. :lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3