Notifications
Clear all

Fake Guitars

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't think you can expect Ebay to do anything about it. They sell so much stuff of such diverse nature that they can't go checking out if that guitar, vase, cupboard, postcard or painting is real or not. It's just not possible anymore.

ReplyQuote
(@catcha)
Trusted Member

I don't think you can expect Ebay to do anything about it. They sell so much stuff of such diverse nature that they can't go checking out if that guitar, vase, cupboard, postcard or painting is real or not. It's just not possible anymore.

True but dont think Graybeards gonna sleep till this guys hanging in the same noose as Saddam :D

No wonder the beards grey , too much worrying about the wrong things , this guys prices are reasonable , you could buy a car as well with the change youd save from a real vintage Gibby :shock:
Now if I could just get my nephew a nice Ricky 360/12 copy , cant afford to get him a real one :wink:

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'll ignore some of your remarks, catcha.

I made a fuss over this guy, because he's a private seller in the UK, not in China - he's accessible to Gibson. Making an example of him might put others off. What happens at car-boot sales comes down to caveat emptor.

Ebay is not inclined to stop the Chinese sellers. Each entry costs the seller a minimum of 50p - if he has 500 auctions running, that's £250 for ebay. They have no incentive to stop the auctions. The only way it becomes interesting is if someone makes a complaint on the basis of the seller trying to avoid ebay fees - THEN, they do something.

Like the RIAA, MPA, etc., the only way that they will get a grip, is by mass protest by the customer.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Well, I don't think the prices being reasonable matter, those with the big dollar bills generally know how to tell a Gibson from a clone. He's ripping people off whether the guitar is worth the money or not. I just think that, even while E-bay *should* do something about it it's a monster job to expect them to do so. If you report it they need to be able to validate what you say, and this means they need an expert on their staff on every kind of objects being sold. The fuss we make about fake guitars is made about billions of objects. Thats sucks, but I don't think much will happen.

And a mass protest will probably not happen any time soon since the average customer is too lazy to complain about anything that doesn't directly involve their wallet. :(

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2