Clear all

Fastball's song "Charlie the Methadone Man" chords

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Been awhile since I posted. I have loved Fastball's song "Charlie the Methadone Man" for years. Every internet source has been wrong on the chords. I'm a ryhthm player, so you'd figure it would be easy, right?

Can any of you out there at GN take a stab at it for the proper chords? If you PM me with your email, I'll send you the MP3 for the song if you don't have it. It's a wonderful song, but I'm about to give up on it. I'm just really frustrated with it beyond repair.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

I've had a go at this one. Think I came pretty close. Maybe corbind post it in ESD if he's happy with it

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

That's funny I've been wanting to POST Fastball's "The Way" in ESD. I'l try to get to that. The way I play is 1 step down from the original. (F#m to Em). That's another thing, when I try to play it in F#m this song doesn't sound right either? I wonder if they used different tunings or something?

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey Lars, let me know if you sort of figure it out. It would bring me out of my "hole" of not playing much lately. So many songs I love, and that is one song that pleases my ears.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote