Skip to content
Favourite rock albu...

Notifications
Clear all

Favourite rock albums that influenced you!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So I will start....... please note; these are all albums that I heard PRIOR to getting a guitar but just kept pushing me and pushing me till I got over the edge and bought an electric guitar at 15/16 - I kept practicing on a classical prior to this, to learn my chords.

Metallica Reload

My sister bought this - I was just breaking away in my mind from my christianity at the time - devils dance by metallica certainly didn't help and this was one of the biggest things to move me further into developing rock n roll as my new religion.

This was my first Hendrix experience, brilliant CD with some amazing stories about the songs inside. As many of you know he is the most obvious influence in my playing style.

This ones my best friends Dad's cd, we loved it and we would air guitar along with Tennis rackets, as was the trend in the 90s :lol:

For some reason this album pushed me over the edge and I bought an electric guitar! I know I learn't polly on my classical guitar though I couldn't do the chorus because it was barre chords.

This one started me on pearl jam, all the albums by them influenced me more and more into playing electric guitar, I was playing bass at the time but I would buy a new pearl jam album each week with my paper round money!

I was actually playing guitar a tiny bit by now, but I still can't do some of the Slash stuff (paradise city is megacrazy! Maybe I should try it again, its been a while). I later learned Axl Rose was d*ck and didn't listen so much after I was 18.

So...... I am kinda lookin for the albums that really got you into guitars! :) Have fun with it. I also would like to give a notable nod to Brian May, because when I was about 8 I was singing the guitar lines with his playing in my bedroom (Loved bohemian rhapsody)

together we stand, divided we fall..........