Clear all

FedEx broke my guitar!

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I ordered a SX GG1 Supreme guitar (les paul copy) from RondoMusic.net and when it arrived from FedEx I went out to the truck to pick it up. The back of the truck was in shambles with boxes thrown around everywhere. After they found my guitar under a bunch of other boxes, I opened the guitar and found my guitar with a busted neck. The guitar was shipped in a double box with styrofoam padding and this still happened. I expected more from fedex and will UPS from now on.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Depends on the driver but, at work we have the opposite problem.

That's why we call them "OOPS", still pronounced UPS.

Sorry to hear about your axe. I'm sure there was insurance on it. I hope for your sake, anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have a tendancy to buy alot of stuff that requires shipping and my experience has been that FedEx is terrible in the way they handle packages. I do prefer either UPS or USPS Priority mail.
At any rate FedEx should give you a refund including any shipping charges.

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Rondo Music is going to replace the guitar, but it just makes me mad because I spent all last week wanting to play my new guitar and now I got to wait probably another two weeks till I get to play it. Looks like another two weeks of acoustic practise.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

redneckrocker

I can only imagine how disappointed you were. Whenever I order something, I can't wait till it arrives. I check tracking about 10 times a day!
I am just like a little kid on Christmas morning. So I know that was a little devastating.

My brother once owned a beautiful 60's SG. He took it on vacation. When he got home the airline threw it off the plane and snapped the neck! He had it fixed, but it was never the same.

OK, just a little humor here. My company used to use DHL. The driver would always come in my office around 5 PM. One day I asked him what DHL stood for:

He said, "Dewey, Huey, and Louie!" :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I ordered a SX GG1 Supreme guitar (les paul copy) from RondoMusic.net

It will be well worth the wait. I just got a GG1 in natural Mahogany this week and I LOVE it!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've had a BUNCH of stuff broken by UPS, including some things you really wouldn't think could be broken. I've had less stuff brought by FedEx, but so far no problems. To be fair, I've had a lot more stuff that UPS didn't break than they broke, but they've definitely got the old Samsonite luggage gorillas working for them. Their record's not very good.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Huh....couple of years back, I worked for one of the biggest firms in the UK (as regards delivering parcels, that is!) - half the people there were paid minimum wage, agency workers, might see a "Fragile" label on a package, still wouldn't think twice about launching it 30 feet or so airmail to the back of the lorry (truck!)....

I can't remember how Nick sent the "mystery guitar" from Virginia to Texas, but it got there OK....maybe we should ask him for advice?

I know when I got the Epi LP off the baggage carousel at Gatwick, the brand new hard case I bought was totally knackered...it opened up as I picked it up, spilled spare strings, capo, plecs etc everywhere...OK it wasn't locked, but they could've treated it with a little consideration...thankfully, the guitar was OK.....but I'll never be able to use the case again...

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I've known a couple of people who have worked part time as package handlers for UPS. Like Vic said, "Fragile" means nothing to people who are getting no pay and are under tight time constraints. Also where I work, we get deliveries from UPS and FedEx. The trucks pull right into the dock, so I see the back of the trucks. They're always a mess, and the drivers throw around packages like they're pillows looking for our stuff. You'd like to think that they care for each package like it's their own, but that's just not going to happen.

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

Red....I hear you and have just gone through this, only with UPS with damage to my newly acquired 12 string. The good thing for you is that your guitar was new and could be replaced. Mine was used and has to be repaired. So I wish I was in your situation.

I wish you better luck with the next one.

Dennis

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Red....I hear you and have just gone through this, only with UPS with damage to my newly acquired 12 string.

Sorry to get off the topic (kind of anyway) but, NEVER and I mean NEVER order a 12 string on-line! They are a breed amongst themselves. You HAVE to try them before you ever THINK about buying one.

Sorry if I sound harsh but, facts are facts.

I tested a Taylor 12 string ($1700 plus) 2 weeks ago and absoluetly feel in love with it. After trying it, would I buy it on-line, hell no.

ReplyQuote
(@blazedphool)
Trusted Member

Through my experiences with online buying DHL, is a great carrier. I've ordered an acoustic guitar from ebay once and the sender used DHL. When the delivery guy got to my house i followed him to the truck to find everything neat and orderly. I've also ordered computer parts online and used DHL. Wow not only are they quick but gentle. Use DHL i highly recommend it!

" We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." - Willy Wonka

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wes, I couldn't think of the phrase like a kid at christmas but yeah thats how I feel when I order something. The bad thing about is that the bust is on the back of the neck and I didn't realize it until I picked it up and tried to form a chord then my heart just sank.

Banre, besides the busted neck it looked to be a quality guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Sorry to get off the topic (kind of anyway) but, NEVER and I mean NEVER order a 12 string on-line! They are a breed amongst themselves. You HAVE to try them before you ever THINK about buying one.

Sorry if I sound harsh but, facts are facts.

Based on my experience of one purchase, I would have to disagree. The Takamine 12 I bought for BabyDoc is excellent, and arrived in fine condition. This was found and bought through eBay, and shipped UPS.

However, if you are talking about a higher end guitar (over $1000), where you want to try 3 different guitars of the same model, and you can tell the difference, then yes, you should play it first. Of course, you'll have to find a store with 3 identical Taylors to choose from, which may not be so easy...

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

FedEx has screwed me over several times. I ordered some concert tickets through a fan club that 2 days all their tickets FedEx. Well you have to sign for them personally, and the fan club won't let anyone sign for you for security reasons.

Well I was out of town when FedEx tried to deliver my tickets. So I called FedEx and I was told they would hold my tickets at the local pickup place until I got back from my trip. I was assured several times they wouldn't be sent back to the fan club because the concert was 2 days after I was going to pick them up.

Well go to get my tickets and guess what..... THEY SENT THEM BACK!!! After the lady on the phone assured me several times they would hold them until I picked them up later that week. I couldn't believe it!! I won't ever ship with them again.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2