Clear all

Feeling satisfied after a preformance

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@crandles)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is anyone else here rarely satisfied be their preformances?
I find sometimes I really like what I did and sometimes I hated it.
Most recently is been the latter.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

One hot performance erases the memories of a dozen mediocre.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I don't believe I've ever had a performance that I didn't think I could have done better. That doesn't mean it wasn't a satisfying experience. Nothing wrong with being self critical as long as it doesn't spoil the fun.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I think everybody goes through that at one time or another. Then there are times when you think things didn't go well but the audience thought eveything rocked, and then time when you think everything went great but the audience gets up and walks out. I don't even think about it anymore. I get up on stage and rock the house down. Folks leave at the end of the venue feeling emotionally fulfilled as if their life was meant to be.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I dunno. My soon-to-be wife would probably say my "preformance" isn't all that great, but my "performance" isn't too shabby. :)

OK, I'm bad and I'm just messing with ya. Sorry.

I've never performed live, so I can't give a real answer. A guess would be that's perfectly normal and shouldn't be a concern.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I agree with Joe. Sometimes you think you are on fire, but the crowd doesn't make a peep. Then you think you played a solo terribly, and everybody comes up and tells you you are great.
So I don't listen to the crowd too much, I know when I play well and I know when I don't.

As Greg said, it's all part of playing guitar. Guitar plays with your head a lot and always will. You just have to accept that.

I think you just have to get up there and have fun. If you are having fun, the crowd will too. If you are standing there like a lump on a log, the crowd will be like that too. Whatever you are feeling, they are feeling.

So just get up and ROCK. :twisted:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I would guess that you've just heard the stuff you play a lot and it sounds somewhat dull to your ears. By the time it gets easyto play, sometimes we say to ourselves "Wow...that doesn't sound that good" or "That sounds pretty repetitive" just because we've heard it time and time again.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

If you've been doing your homework and practicing you have nothing to worry about. Give the audience what they came for. When you hear them say lean on that guitar some, well lean on it. Give them that something extra that has them beggin for more. I don't try and play every kool lick I know when my time to solo comes. I give them just enough. It takes time to learn how to hold-em and when to show-em.

Joe

ReplyQuote