Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

65 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. Just got back from my local guitar shop. Walked around the guitars for a few moments and spotted a used Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster USA on the wall. Pulled it off the rack, and sat down with it. At first I didnt think it was the USA model. I just figured a typical MIM one. They useually dont have nice USA strats down there, new or used. After a few arpeggios on the neck pickup, I started to inspect it....

First things noticed..

1. Noiseless Pickups
2. Deluxe "style" pickguard
3. Fender USA emblem on the headstock..

I instantly figured I didnt have enough $ for it. I kept on playing and dreaming of it as I held this red beauty, and decided to turn up the amp I was playing in. Really started to hear the thick warmth of the maple neck, glassy, glassy arpeggios on the neck. I fell IN LOVE with the noiseless pickups. I had it on full bridge, and the gain on max, and there wasnt a single fuzz/hum in the back ground. Not one. I heard air in the room moving around more then any possible hum. :D

It had a few minor scratches and I think maybe 2 tiny tiny dings on the side, but the pickguard was immacualtly beautiful, and the "noiseless" name on the pickups is kind of worn down, but its still there. :wink: Kind of gives it a sense of vintage.

The frets, neck, pickups, body, everything checked out good/solid. It was definatly used, but clean and it had the sense of being built right. Even through the hands that it has been played through, this thing wasnt gonna show an ounce of weakness. This beautiful candy red/maple necked USA deluxe screamed my name. "litterally".

So I carelessly asked the price of it, and after some talking n walking got it down to $550.00 w/no CA state tax. :) :)

As I was walking up to the counter with in my hand, another customer asked me what guitar it was. I said, USA deluxe.. he said niiice I said yeah and he heard for 550$, with the sound of his voice I wasnt sure whether or not he wanted to steal it from me right in the store! :lol:

Man I love the store down the road, they always seem to give the absolute best deals.

MF is saying this guitar is going for about 1,300$ new.

Put down bout' 150$ on it for layaway, and I shall be picking it up here before the end of march. :P

Being 17, I dont have 600$ loosely strayed across my pockets lol... But I do have a USA DELUXE!!!! :twisted:

Never in my dreams thought id own a USA deluxe, used or new.

Ill post 500 pictures when its picked up, after some new strings and a good ol' set up.

Cheers all.

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to the fold!
How did that neck feel? like buttah i bet. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

oh its unexplainable. Something interestingly different from the USA strats, and the USA deluxes... hmm

It wasnt even properly set up, and after a "REAL-guitar-lovers-treatment-" it will be such a beauty.

My first ever USA instrument.

8)

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah. Good luck with that lol ^^. Hopefully I dont have any problems, but from what I played I am in love, or will be. :)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hard to argue with $550. Good score.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Neztok, just send that baby on over to me, that way you wont hear the high frequencies anymore. :lol: :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Neztok, just send that baby on over to me, that way you wont hear the high frequencies anymore. :lol: :lol:
ditto +1

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Congrats, MetallicaMan! Sounds like a great guitar at an awesome price! Looking forward to the pics.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Sweet! We do, of course, need photos.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

a very good deal. that is a great guitar. I am happy you have one.
now you understand what we're talking about.

and did you say it was red? awesome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all your great feedback all!

I will load you guys up with some great pictures... I went down to the shop today to take a second look at it. Just as I thought, as good as the first time. :D

Expect a full photo album on this thread sometime before the end of march!!

Yay USA!! :)

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

You got 1150$? :lol:

Yup.

uh, you didn't specify US $. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

If you'll take that in pesos, ship it on down!

:D

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

actually, I've just realised thats only £580.......

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats on getting that American Deluxe Strat. Enjoy the music !

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5