Clear all

Fender S-1 Switching

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@wishus)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know anything about the new Fender S-1 Switching system on the new strat deluxe? It looks like the standard mode is the traditional strat configuration, but what is going on with running pickups in series and what is the point of the "special capacitor?"

http://www.fender.com/products/s1/

Third Take a blog about home recording

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

go to a music store that carries it and a salesguy will help you out.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

From what I read it changes for series to parallel and some in and out of phase with a humbucker. Which will give plenty of options for finding that right one. Basically they want to compete with folks who add the Mods and/or other companies that offer such possibilities. That way your buying it from them.

I didn't see anything with a special cap. Other than it maybe need for some of the switching configurations.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Or pick up the 2005 catalog It shows you ALL the configurations.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@wishus)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

The PDFs I linked to shows all the configurations.

I was looking for a technical explanation about the difference between running single coils in series and parallel, and what a capacitor in the circuit does to the tone.

Third Take a blog about home recording

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

To be terribly honest, I myself haven't found it all to be this special or important. It's not like there is no differences, but I really doubt anyone we'll hear it when you're in a band...

ReplyQuote