Notifications
Clear all

Fender Starcaster Who uses?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@16mmcamera)
Topic starter  

I keep seeing occasional ads/pictures for the semi-hollow electric Fender from the 70's,The Starcaster. Who uses this guitar? I've heard it's heavy and complex. What musicians today are performing and recording with this? Just curious.

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

These guitars are infamously the cause of great disappointment. Over the years I have seen a dozen guys find one of these in a closet or at a yard sale. They see the fender name on a guitar they have never seen before and instantly think its worth a fortune. But they are made of quality materials and are from a good design The build quality has always been suspect, but if they're around today I'd have to say it wasn't as bad as their rep. A lot of alt guys use them (not a lot actually, a handful) Deathcab for cutie, radio head and Morrissy are all bands I have spotted them with. They aren't a bad guitar, if you like it get it. Don't expect it to be a 335, closer a decent 70's lawsuit hollowbody. It's not worth anything yet, but it could be someday if the right guy starts using one and others keep treating them like firewood. Look what Kurt Cobain did for the Mustang, I remember one of those hanging in the pawn shop where I bought my first bass in '88 or '89. My choice was the mustang or a an Aria bass for $75. I bought the bass. It's probably worth $125 today, whoever may have it.

ReplyQuote
(@thelaughingbard)

Don't know what they sound like, but they look really cool. Kinda want one.

One bard on a quest for musical enlightenment.
thelaughingbard.com

ReplyQuote