Notifications
Clear all

Fender Strat and Tele - now $434?

21 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@mmoncur)
Estimable Member

Maybe it's just a catalog typo? Their site still lists the standard strat/tele at $399 / $429 sunburst, same as I paid for mine 6 months ago.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Butcher's String? You were lucky.

Our guitar necks were made out of hot road tar with razor blades for frets.

O'course, we 'ad it tough where I come from.....our guitars were made from t'spoilage from th'old vitriol works, wi' thin brambles for strings. Tha were considered a great soft jessie if tha took t'thorns off. Razor blades? Luxury. Fer't spoiled upper classes.

You might care to take a look at this post I made last year....

A little comparison shopping

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

i didnt have razor blades :( i had to play a rock...strumming its carved strings with another rock....its where rock music originated :D

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

....and you try and tell the kids of today that and they won't believe you.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Maybe it's just a catalog typo? Their site still lists the standard strat/tele at $399 / $429 sunburst, same as I paid for mine 6 months ago.

You are right. The price increase has been around since an year now.

ReplyQuote
(@eljoekickass)
Eminent Member

Wow. the prices really have gone up. I remember when i bought my highway 1 strat. It was near the end of 2006 and the new upgrade models came in at musiciansfriend and the older ones were being sold as a clearance. The new ones were 710 or sumthing but the older clearance model was 629 so i bought. Well, a week later, there was only the 3 tone sunburst with rosewood neck left for only 499, and luckily thats the one i bought a week ago so i emailed them and they refunded my 129 dollars. I got a really great deal.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2