Clear all

Finally got my Strat

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I finally chose to buy the sunburst one with the maple neck and gold face guard. WOW I've never played a Fender before but WOW this thing is so fast and so smooth. The pictures just do not do it justice! I love my new Mexican strat! Thing is awesome! And the tone is just beautiful!

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Congratulations! MIM strats are very underrated. I have several expensive starts and there is nothing about them that makes a good mexi less of an ideal main guitar - just some personal preference and ego appointments really. There is nothing on the MIM strats that I tell people "change that out immediately and you got yourself a great little back up." And that's not the case with any other sub $500 guitar I can think of. The ceramic pickups do not sound like a traditional start but they do not sound bad - and they have a very clear and articulate tone - just not "quacky" like a strat. But if you love the tone - don't change it. The only only thing I could suggest is taking some fine sand paper to the back of the neck if you find it a bit sticky and over finished, besides that, rock!

ReplyQuote
(@louisvillenoo-b)
Eminent Member

What are everyone thoughts on these Modern Player "aka Crafted in China" strats. I'm looking to purchase my first "real" guitar and I'm torn between one of these Modern Player Tele's or a MIM Strat. It seems like the Modern Player Tele's have a pretty wide range of tones and sounds, maybe even more so than a Strat. However, I could be wrong. (As my screen name shows, I'm new to this.) Also, any thoughts on the quality of the Chinese Strats would be appreciated. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Nice one, welcome to the world of The Strat. There is nothing like it. I'm really pleased for you.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

@lewisville Noob, I have a classic vibe tele that is made in China - overall it is a good guitar but there were some issues with it - It had some frets improperly seated, the tuners were improperly installed, the nut too - the skunk stripe and neck had filler in the gaps and the tone pot was wired wrong. I changed all the hard ware to vintage USA reissue and turned it into a esquire with a abby bridge pickup. So... for $375 plus $250 in parts and $200 in labor I got a pretty sweet guitar! (I did all the work and spent nowhere near book on anything btw) Tele and Strats are not the same animal but I would certainly take a used MIM over anything out of china right now - though they are getting better.

ReplyQuote
(@louisvillenoo-b)
Eminent Member

Thanks for your honest reply, but based on your feedback it sounded similar to "aside from that, how was the theater Mrs. Lincoln?" It sounds like the MIM may be a more reliable option.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Exactly, Mrs Lincoln.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Enjoy!

Pictures, pictures...

ReplyQuote