Notifications
Clear all

finally got that new guitar!!!!!

22 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great guitar, nice choice. 12's? Wow, those are what I'd call heavy strings - I use 9's! Don't they use the bottom E's from a set of 12's for holding suspension bridges up?

I notice your American standard Tele has one more fret than my MIM Tele - you've got 22 frets as opposed to my 21 frets.

Anyway, enjoy your new guitar - you're going to LOVE that maple fretboard pretty soon!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It's kind of funny how I got to .12s. I started on .09s and accidentally bought .10s and loved em. Decided to try .11s for the hell of it. Then .12s. I use .12s on the strat and tele, .13s on the gretsch.

It affects my action for sure. With heavy strings, a 3.0mm pick and heavy picking i have to put the action kind of high. no big deal. the tele handles it well. I'm a little paranoid about it though...ive always got this idea in my head that it's not set up perfectly, like my neck relief isn't right or i should adjust the neck angle. It's my own nerosis, it plays like a dream so whatever..

btw Vic, good catch on the frets. i hadnt counted. and i do love the maple. my strat has maple. on the tele its finished to a high polish, which is a really cool feeling under the fingers.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@roggercallen)

Congrats on your new guitar friend.

I wish I had the necessary funds to purchase a similar one. :( :(

-Rogger :)

ReplyQuote
(@jamminejohn)
Eminent Member

12's..........holy moley.
I could see 'em on a gibson scale but on a fender that's pretty heavy.
I play 11's on my tele's.
The Tele is THE electric geetar !

JJ

ReplyQuote
(@l50sunburst)

Hard to go past a Tele. My brother got a beautiful green one brand new a couple of years ago, after playing a Strat clone for many years. He's never looked back.

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

BEAUTIFULL guitar!!!

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Nice! Have Fun!

Crazy that a $1000 needs a new nut. The is unexcuseable. AND, the store needs to make that right. What a bunch of bozos at GC. If you bought that from a local shop I'd bet they would have fixed up for nothin.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2