Clear all

Finding a teacher - Toronto area

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone take lessons in the Greater Toronto Area? I'm an intermediate guitarist with a musical background. I mostly play metal and prog rock, but am interested in almost any type of guitar music. I've had a couple of teachers but I felt I got to the point where I couldn't learn anything else from them. Is there anyone on here that either teaches or knows a teacher in this area that could help me make the intermediate-advanced jump? Is this even the right forum for this?

(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

No guitar teachers in the GTA on this site? :(

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Patience, Grasshopper.

There are many folks on this site who only check in once a week, or even less.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member

i've been using this person for about 1 year now. however, i started as a true beginner so it might not be the best fit for you. it might be - i just can't say as i'm not at your level so can't tell you if he can get you to the level you want. i'm happy with my progress.

www.darcywickham.com

if you're not happy with this selection (as not only teaching styles and abilities have an impact but personalities do too), contact the toronto fingerstyle guitar club. although it might not be your type of music, they can recommend teachers.

www.torontofingerstyleguitar.com

hope that helps.

paul

ReplyQuote
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member

oh, i forgot to add...be sure to let us/me know how you made out. I would appreciate your feedback on my suggestions.

pab

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Don't know if this will help or not, but we had a Guitar Noise Seminar in Toronto back in May of 2004. We spent the day at "Downtown Jam," which you can find out about here:

http://www.downtownjam.ca/

The folks there were wonderful and, as they see a lot of music folks of all styles and experience, they probably know quite a few music teachers. You might want to give them a call.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote