first song

54 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@cebuguitarist)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

what was your first and/or easiest song you learned to play when you were a beginner? thnx for responding.

i want to be the next greatest rockstar. First, I need help.

(@olive)
Estimable Member

The first song I learned to play was Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

The first song I learned to play was Hurt by Johny Cash, took me 3 months to learn.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

House of the riseing sun. Then street corner talking by Savoy Brown.-the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

'Danny Boy'

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Wish You Were Here Took me 4 month's

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

I first learned "I walk the line" by johnny cash. My grandpa told me that if I learned to play a song on this 30 dollar guitar I got at the jockey lot that'd he'd give me his guitar. So I learned his favorite song. I spent 2 days straight learning that song only breaking for food and sleep.

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Artistx13 How long you been playing guitar, I see your from Belton; I'm from Honea Path!!!!

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Although I was inspired to play guitar by the wild high gain antics of Joe Satriani, my first song was "Tears In Heaven" because I thought the rhythm part sounded beautiful and it looked pretty easy when Clapton did it :roll:

It took me about a month to learn it with help from my guitar playing friend. Afterwards I learned "Time" by Hootie and the blowfish, and it was AMAZINGLY easy, followed by "Breakfast at Tiffanys" (just D-A-G, then D-G-A) also amazingly easy.

Kinda funny about this topic is that most of these "beginner songs" people are listing are so fun, and I didn't learn them until just recently. "Wish you were here" I just learned a few weeks ago. Learned "Hurt" last week, took me about 3 minutes, but I wish I'd learned it so long ago! My first month was nothing but pure frustration, and all the while I could have been picking up these simple but awesome sounding songs!

I'm jealous of every beginner who finds this site! :D

Great topic.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

First song I ever learned properly was "It's All Over Now" by the Stones... D all the way through the verse, A and G for the chorus...then a mate showed me "Knockin' on Heavens Door"...G, D and Am....then a whole raft of songs that went G/Em/C/D. Round bout the same time, I bought the "Beatles Complete" song book and worked my way through that....I cheated though, on most of them I only used the top 3 strings!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

My 1st was sunshine of your love, Cream Friend showed me the simple licks , followed by House of the rising sun, then some grand funk RR

John M

ReplyQuote
(@canucks12)
Trusted Member

Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn

ReplyQuote
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

My first songs were Big Balls by AC/DC, Wish You Were Here (I guess that's a standard for acoustic guitarists) and Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. I still love to play them, though I often forget I know them at all.

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@mr-mervyn)
Eminent Member

It was European Son by Lou Reed that got me into playing but the first thing I learned to play was a lesson on this site about simple riffs. Then the first song was The Ocean by Zeppelin i think.

Cheers

Cheers.

Better shred than dead.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4